Will YES Network ever come to Dish ?

that was kind of his point, the Dish package he has serves his need, to meet his needs with Direct he would have to add more content he doesn't want for more money.

Bingo. That is my problem with DirecTV. They promise everyone being in the lowest pack to get them to agree to provide programming. As such, their basic pack is bloated with garbage.

Face it. Most people only watch 10-15 channels. Oh, I miss one or 2 I could get with a higher pack. But not $35 miss it.

Do you really consider Cinemax a great bonus? Comeon, I've rented more dvds in the past year than I have watched on the great Skinamax penny a year bonus.

Actually the encore channels have better content than cinnemax.

It is free, has uninterrupted movies in HD, many of them very recent. I like it. Not enough to buy it when it runs out, but it is nice to have. And it keeps me on a cheaper Netflix plan.

Are there many people lucky enough to be in two regions? I can receive both the Atlanta Braves, and Cincinnati Reds games even though I am two states away from Ohio.

Oh we get stuck with everything but the Yankees. How about Cleveland, the "sucky" Mets and if you sub to sports pack they give that annual super team "Pirates".

Now some is MBL fault, however, the Yankees consider this their home territory too. The best part is, the closest team to me in distance, is the Blue Jays and I can't get them either. :mad:

However, I won't switch until we get closer to hockey season, so I can max out on the freebies from Dish before I switch.

As long as both sides do not change their positions, there is no hope of YES ending up on Dish. The main sticking point is that Dish Clasic Bronze 100 does not have RSNs. For Dish to carry YES, YES wants to be in the base Bronze package. Dish feels they get more customers with the low cost bronze than they lose by not having YES.

Dish has information to back up their choice. Since they can tell how many pay the extra $5 to get Bronze+RSN vs just Bronze in the rest of the country. They have already lost all the YES subs anyways. It is a pure financial choice on Dish's part. They know what carrying the channel will cost them and they must believe they make more money/get more subs with the $5 savings.

I jumped ship to DirecTV because of YES. Nice that E is flowing with so much money that they can discount a region with as many as 8 million potential subscribers.

It is always interesting how when this issue comes up, the claim is there are 8 million potential customers in the New York area. It must be recognized though that there is obviously many folks in areas of N.Y. that don't have line of sight or are in apartment buildings that don't allow satellite dishes. Certainly there are folks in the N.Y.C. area that subscribe to Dish and don't care about YES or the Yankees. No other RSN is demanding what YES wants but obviously the Yankee fans think that they are something special. Don't think so.

It is always interesting how when this issue comes up, the claim is there are 8 million potential customers in the New York area. It must be recognized though that there is obviously many folks in areas of N.Y. that don't have line of sight or are in apartment buildings that don't allow satellite dishes. Certainly there are folks in the N.Y.C. area that subscribe to Dish and don't care about YES or the Yankees. No other RSN is demanding what YES wants but obviously the Yankee fans think that they are something special. Don't think so.

When you all come down to it, all it is, is a matter of what the customers tastes are. Its just too bad, I will have to give up my vip recivers for TWC or Directv, just so I can see HD sporting content on a channels that are my RSN in my DMA. I am not a transplant from NY City. I grew up in the Buffalo Area, and ever sense we had cable tv back in the 70's the Buffalo Sabres and NY Yankees were on our RSN.

Its not the 8 million in the NY City Area, its 1.5 - 2 Million in the Buffalo/Rochester and Western NY Areas, that are out of luck, and that is why TWC has such a huge penetration in this part of the country.

I don't get it?

With D* I am looking at the HD DVR 200 and I would have to add the sports pack to get YES network. Its not standard in any pack besides the 265+ pack.

Why doesn't E* do something like that. Hate to dump E* but I guess there is no choice.:rant:

I don't get it?

With D* I am looking at the HD DVR 200 and I would have to add the sports pack to get YES network. Its not standard in any pack besides the 265+ pack.

Why doesn't E* do something like that. Hate to dump E* but I guess there is no choice.:rant:
Invest in some good headache medicine or a lot of patience. :eek:

I would love YES network as well as MSG in HD but I had to make one of those decisions in life that we are all faced with.

Switch to Direct, pay more up front out of pocket costs for install and equipment or stay with Dish and live without it.

Came down to money. I did not want to pay several hundred in out of pocket expenses for 1 RSN I don't have and 1 that I can get but not in HD.

I don't get it?

No you wouldn't. The YES network is part of all packages except the Family Pack.

YES is now availble on broadband..So if u were to get a 922...........................................................................................................

YES is now availble on broadband..So if u were to get a 922...........................................................................................................

Only for those in the immediate NYC area. I don't think nw CT can get it that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)