Will you be keeping the HD pack if no more channels are added afer the free 6 months

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
I did not have to agree to keep the HD package for a year to get the 6 months free , so if there are no more channels added I will be looking at dropping the HD pack until they add more channels.

I am keeping my hd package because mainly for ESPN HD. I would like more channels but can live with it if they don't add any more. All signs point to more being added though.

Lem52

I have no choice but to keep it. ESPN has always been my top priority and with ESPN2 launching in January it is like a double hook for me. Also since I sub to TC Premiere, HBO & SHO are on my radar even though they are far from HD sometimes. As soon as the make the Starz Super Pack "super" by adding the whole package I'll be in for life.

LOBO2999 said:
I did not have to agree to keep the HD package for a year to get the 6 months free , so if there are no more channels added I will be looking at dropping the HD pack until they add more channels.
:usa
I'll be keeping the HD package. We already have ESPN and soon to have ESPN2.
We have HBO and Showtime in HD. Recently added BravoHD. Even though it's programming leaves a lot to be desired. We have HD Discover and the HD NETS.
We have CBS and NBC in HD and will be adding Fox soon. I can't imagine ABC being to far behind. Should be picking up TNT HD very soon.

So by the end of the year we should have 13 channels on board by then end of the year and that does not include NFL ST.

I for one, though never satisfied, without having more and more HDTV. I will feel ok with these above and will wait for more additional HD content to be added with the new sats launching in the spring. If more content is not added at that time where would a person go to for more HD than what they already have @ Direct.

As somebody said in an earlier post. It is a moot point at this time.

Yup, keeping mine. I was paying for it 6 month before the 6 month promo. That is the reason I got a HD receiver from them in the first place. Why not have it, especially with the channels they have and the channels that are plenned to be added. ESPN2-HD will be up in Jan of 2005. Although, not sure when it will be on D*.

I wish they would get on the stick and add starz and cinemax hd's and p.l.e.a.s.e do
something about the crap on bravo..what a waste of space

I'm definately keeping the HD pak. I had Voom. You couldn't pay me to go back to Voom. Voom sucks.

I will be keeping it regardless but as the others indicated, that is moot since more channels should be part of the package before that decision would have to be made.

Chris

I'll be keeping mine. Even though there were not a lot of HD channels when I subscribed, any HD is better than none!

VOOM is not an option for me. Trees and too low on the horizon for me to get VOOM.

You wouldn't want Voom anyway. Their service is pisspoor and the exclusive channels were just not worth it.

I've been a long-time member of D* (1998). Not real happy with CS sometimes when I needed a question answered. But I'll say it here, Time Warner su*ks, in my area anyway. D* has been great (major rain storms here during the spring do cause outage, but just goes out for a little while). Seems they listen to complaints about PQ (I understand & will wait it out)........I'm not going anywhere......Love D*........just keep adding HD (watched Heart, Alive in Seattle on HDnet after the Georgia game by OTA in HD....there's plenty of stuff to watch my friends). I remember when there was only two channels to watch in black & white and then they added the third.......Hog-Heaven........then Bonanza became in color on Sunday nights........I'm not going anywhere......I love my dish w/3LNB's on my roof.

Barney

barney

Where will the bandwidth for these added channels come from? Unless they have some secret that no one knows about it will mean more of 3 channels per transponder.

No such thing as a free lunch.... You either have to give up real HDTV or get more of HD Like TV. My vote is to not add ANY so called HDTV if it means lowering the PQ like they have already done with HBO, HDNet Movies and Showtime. I don't pay them $100+ a month for watered down crap.... Oh wait, yes I do!

Is HDTV limited to 1280x1080i and less than 10mbs really HDTV? I don't think so...

Mike Greer said:
Where will the bandwidth for these added channels come from? Unless they have some secret that no one knows about it will mean more of 3 channels per transponder.

No such thing as a free lunch.... You either have to give up real HDTV or get more of HD Like TV. My vote is to not add ANY so called HDTV if it means lowering the PQ like they have already done with HBO, HDNet Movies and Showtime. I don't pay them $100+ a month for watered down crap.... Oh wait, yes I do!

Is HDTV limited to 1280x1080i and less than 10mbs really HDTV? I don't think so...

Well, its your call.......its free...............call 'em! Let 'em know how you feel. I have no problem with you calling. Give times, channel number, & what you saw. They need to hear from us. makes 'em better providers. Just give 'em specs...........they seem to be listening........ ;)

Barneypoo69 said:
Well, its your call.......its free...............call 'em! Let 'em know how you feel. I have no problem with you calling. Give times, channel number, & what you saw. They need to hear from us. makes 'em better providers. Just give 'em specs...........they seem to be listening........ ;)

I did call them.... Apparently I'm the first and only one to complain. I was also the first and only person to have problems with the audio on HDNet with my HD Tivo, the first and only person to Dolby Digital problems with the HD Tivo and the first and only person to notice the PQ of the Salt Lake locals was total crap...

I'd call again but I'm sure I'd still be the first to complain...

Why do you say "they seem to be listening"... That would be good news! Did they listen to someone and I missed it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)