Will you be purchasing an Xbox ONE when it comes out?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

leosaysmeow

Original poster
May 28, 2013
USA
Microsoft recently unveiled the upcoming Xbox ONE. Are any of you planning to purchase one? I've read some reviews and a lot of critics find that it is a let down. I'm still on the fence about purchasing one. However, I do think the name is stupid! Why called it the Xbox "One" when it's actually the 3rd Xbox console? That does not make any sense to me, haha.

I will own either the PS4 or the Xbox One at launch. I will probably end up with both systems eventually if there are exclusive games I want to play and the price drops a little. I haven't decided which system that will be yet but I will have my mind made up by the time preorders are available at GameStop. So far I am leaning towards the PS4 but I will wait until after E3 when more game details as well as pricing and release date are announced to make my final decision.

I will be getting the XBOX ONE when it comes out. My kids have zero interest in the PS4. In fact they have ZERO interest in the PS3, I can't remember the last time they used it to play a game.

I seriously doubt it. Nothing they have revealed about it screams to me "Must have Day 1" and seeing as my current consoles are basically collecting dust, I don't think I'll be diving in until there's a price cut. The last console I got really early on was the Wii, and that was because I thought that the motion controls really separated it from the other consoles and I already had a great gaming PC (for the time.) And over time I saw that it wouldn't have killed me to wait, although given how scarce they were at the time I was one of the lucky few, as I had to get one of those Gamestop bundles that forced you to also pay for 6 games.

Overall there really is NO reason to buy a console when it first comes out unless it has some Jesus-inspired game for it, which they almost never do. When you think about it, when you buy it on day 1 (or around there) you're paying for the console at it's buggiest, most expensive, and least games available. How exactly is that appealing?

I have notifications set from Amazon for both the Xbox One and the PS4. I haven't really made a decision yet. Part of it will come down to price and what additional information about the consoles is released between now and the end of the year. Even if they look great, I'm still not sold. I might just opt for a sweet gaming PC (and make up the additional PC cost in significantly reduced price games). I may also decide to get either or both consoles after their initial price drop.

Being a PS person, no. Nor will I be getting a PS4 at launch either. Just too many games I have yet to play for the PS3 (some not even released yet). I can certainly wait until prices are more reasonable for the PS4 and games, and I don't want to beta test a new console for Sony. Unless you have money to burn, being an early adopter generally isn't the best idea.

I seriously doubt it. Nothing they have revealed about it screams to me "Must have Day 1" and seeing as my current consoles are basically collecting dust, I don't think I'll be diving in until there's a price cut. The last console I got really early on was the Wii, and that was because I thought that the motion controls really separated it from the other consoles and I already had a great gaming PC (for the time.) And over time I saw that it wouldn't have killed me to wait, although given how scarce they were at the time I was one of the lucky few, as I had to get one of those Gamestop bundles that forced you to also pay for 6 games.

Overall there really is NO reason to buy a console when it first comes out unless it has some Jesus-inspired game for it, which they almost never do. When you think about it, when you buy it on day 1 (or around there) you're paying for the console at it's buggiest, most expensive, and least games available. How exactly is that appealing?

What you are saying makes a lot of sense. I know it's true but I also know my compulsive shopping behavior means I will end up with one if not both of these immediately. I am a pretty new member of the PC gaming community and know my PC can keep up with either of these consoles. If one of them allows rentals I will likely get it so I can keep using gamefly and not buy every game that comes out. If neither allows rentals I might hold off but I know I will jump in eventually at a price drop to go back and play all the exclusives.

Since building my PC I have completely stopped buying console games. I buy the games I really want on my PC but never at full price. Any game I am semi-interested in but not enough to buy on PC gets added to the Gamefly queue for a rental. I will likely continue this on the next generation consoles if either of them allow rentals. If not there will have to be some really compelling exclusives to sell me a console.

Consoles are dead. Save your money and build a gaming pc, that's what I did.

Although, I prefer my PC, consoles are far from dead. I heard some industry wide sales figures on the major nelson podcast recently. According to them 49% of all game industry revenue was made on the Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft consoles, 19% was PC gaming, and the rest was divided between handheld consoles and mobile gaming. If it weren't for consoles most of these AAA games wouldn't be made. There just isn't enough revenue to be made from PC alone to justify games like Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, and GTA 5 etc...

Now because we game on PC we get the best version of these AAA games and at a lower price point plus all the indie and niche games that will never make it to console. We still need the big console guys to drive the industry and help developers cover these budgets though.

Haha, yeah that's kind of what I was thinking! Right now, I do play a lot of PC games. I think this summer I am going to build a gaming PC. PC games are expansive and much better than console games.

I will wait. I want to know the true cost for the Xbox one. IE the price per year for Xbox membership. Will their be a yearly fee to play games you own?

What other hidden fees will Microsoft try to extort from its users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't be buying one at launch,that's for certain.I always wait a year,sometimes longer to get a new console.By that time,not only has the price come down but,most of the kinks have been worked out,and you know if it's worth buying or not.I'd hate to think I shelled out $500-$600,for what later turns out be a piece of junk.

Haha, yeah that's kind of what I was thinking! Right now, I do play a lot of PC games. I think this summer I am going to build a gaming PC. PC games are expansive and much better than console games.

Its not that the games I tend to play are more expansive even though some PC only games probably are. For the most part I play the exact same games on my PC that I would be playing on a console. The difference is that they look much better and run way smoother on my PC.

The other difference is cost. I get a better version of the same game at a fraction of the cost. After buying console games at $60 a pop for years I am amazed at the sales you can get on PC. I haven't bought a game at full price since I built my PC in January.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Never have I owned a Microsoft vidja game box. This will not change with the one. At least I'm pretty sure about that.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I will definitely be getting a PS4. I have always been a Playstation fanboy, and from what they have shown of the Xbox One, I'll stay that way. Besides, all of my friends are on PSN anyway.:eek:

I'm on the fence right now. Waiting for their plan DRM plan. Not so much about used games, but being able to play one game on any console/Live ID in my household. I will probably end up buying one regardless, as my kids have no interest playing our PS3. I'm sure will be the same for PS4.

I'll wait a month or two after launch, for bugs/RROD reasons, then bend over and buy an Xbox. Still a tad annoyed because the 360 has everything I need (VOD, Hulu, Netflix and gaming).

A feature I'd LOVE to see is an ATSC tuner w/ the hard drive doubling as a DVR... ain't gonna happen but a fella can still dream.

The HDMI passthrough stuff has me pretty solidly in the Xbox camp day 1 if the funds are available, which they should be. Wife and I joke all the time and say "Xbox, pause" when our toddler has taken the remote or we've misplaced it... something we can only do when watching Netlfix currently since obviously DirecTV is oblivious to our pleas.

I've said it here several times in our threads being so disappointed in the underpowered GoogleTV boxes that all I wanted was for the next one to actually have some power behind it, glad to see someone step up to the plate and do it right. Couldn't be happier that one of the console manufacturers did it. This capability means it will be used almost every day, not just for games. $499-599 will be a bargain as long as it works as advertised, especially compared to my $299 Logitech Revue.

I wonder if it'll allow for custom learning of commands. I'd like to be able to program it so if I yell, "Xbox, go F**K yourself!" it'll know to turn off because I don't want to play anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts