Will you cancel Dish because of the new receiver pricing?

Stay or Cancel

• Stay with Dish (accept the price increase)

Votes: 243 69.0%
  • Cancel Dish (reject the price increase)

Votes: 109 31.0%

• Total voters

Miner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
With the new receiver pricing announced at today's Retailer Chat, will you cancel service or keep service? Keeping service but reducing the number of receivers or decreasing programming is not a choice.

I have only 1 receiver (622) on my account, and 2 (301s) on my parent's account, so my changes are minimal, but I'm thinking about dropping service.

Miner

With the new receiver pricing announced at today's Retailer Chat, will you cancel service or keep service? Keeping service but reducing the number of receivers or decreasing programming is not a choice.

I have only 1 receiver (622) on my account, and 2 (301s) on my parent's account, so my changes are minimal, but I'm thinking about dropping service.

Miner

I don't understand. Your changes are minimal and yet you are thinking of dropping your service. Why?

Price increases stink, but the grass isn't always greener.

Pay TV from any provider is a lot cheaper than getting season tickets to the Indians, Browns, Cavs and Buckeyes.

My current bill before taxes is $100.99

After the new simpler pricing my bill before taxes will be $142.98.

I currently have phone and Internet through the cable company. I am going up to their office this Friday afternoon to look at their multi-room DVR boxes. With the equivalent programming plus multi-room DVR (for 4 rooms) their price is $140. Not much savings but I pick up the multi-room DVR, a second set of locals and a local news channel that my kids are always bugging me about. Seems they do quite a bit at the schools so the kids end up on the news.

Then I will call Dish and ask for retentions. If they agree to swap out all 3 of my 522s for 612s, then I will stay with Dish. I have the 522s set to single mode anyway so I won't lose anything. That would raise my bill before taxes to $121.98. I can handle a $20 increase a whole lot better than a $42 increase. If we can't work out an acceptable swap then I will just cancel so I can beat the fee for the cost of sending the receivers back.

I have a friend that works for the cable company and I used to tease him that I couldn't leave Dish due to Sky Angel and no DVR fees. Man, has that changed.

I am thinking of dropping service because I'm not happy about the increase. I've been thinking about adding a second receiver and the competition is more attractive now.

You really haven't looked, have you?

I am not happy but.......... have had Direct and the only option is Charter. Staying put......for now.

I've got Turbo Bronze with 1 722. So, I think my bill's only going up a buck... which bums me out since before today the rumors had me thinking it might go down $4... but, whatever. There's still no better deal out there for what I want.

Pissed off by the fee increases. As far as I know, no one else has a dual output HD DUO dvr. So I'm forced to drop the premiums and possible drop a receiver.

Miner
There are increases every year. Do you go through this every year or is there something special this time??

Price increases stink, but the grass isn't always greener.

Pay TV from any provider is a lot cheaper than getting season tickets to the Indians, Browns, Cavs and Buckeyes.

That's EdZackery what I was thinking about, and now we have over 100 auto races coming our way. Better seats too, not too hot, cold or wet. Never miss the action.

Due to wife having some medical problems last year (much better now) I was with her a lot in hospital and doctor offices. New flat panel TVs everywhere. All connected to our local TWC.
Hey now this ain't no joke but I would get up and go look at the sides and rear panels of these new flat panel TV sets to be sure what it was. Yes, HDTV with all HDMI and component connections, and a coax cable connection to the source. Had up several channels that were close to unwatchable. And believe it or not some channels actually have snow in them. Only reason I say TWC is because in our area they won't allow any other cable system.

I am staying I have a 722K (Primary) and a 612 HD DVR, if the chart that scott put up looks right (it was a bit fuzzy) My bill may decrease a few dollars?????

Not sure as I though my bill was going to go up a few dollars

Plus not that I would want to, but priceing around Direct is around 100 a month for the package I would want that comparable to what I have now, Same with Comcast with not near as many HD channels that Dish has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts