Will you now get NFL-ST at $49 for the HD games?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No, sick of the increase every year. Got a TV antenna in the attic and now I get all of the locals in HD. That will work for me. If I want to go and see any special out of the area games, that are not on local TV, I will do so at the neighborhood pub.

I like football but not $319.00 worth.

Last year, I once again subscribed to the NFL Sunday Ticket (I have a different name for it now, but I will TRY to be polite). They blacked out the first 6 games in my area. They said, I should be able to get it with an anntenna over the top of Mt. Rushmore. Yeah, right!

DTV has lost my respect. When my contract with them is up, they are history. I'm not paying them nearly $200 a season and have them take 6 of the very first games off the menu.

But it is going to take more than just a few of us from this forum to bring their insanity to a stop about the pricing, the black out rules for rural areas, and their TOP NOTCH HD packages of the ticket. Most people will not rally behind a cause against DTV's NFL Sunday ticket. I have already tried this route. People are addicted to NFL football just like I was.

The NFL ST is too big and too popular. We are just a drop in the money bucket! :cool:

I just thank God DTV doesn't own my loyalty anymore. DTV, and E* are going to really have to up their TRUE HD programing to get me later this summer! I'll rent movies and watch them before I put up with either of them as things stand now.

E*'s hardware is poor, and DTV has fewer HD Channels. Ping pong anyone?

Nope...not paying...cancelled the ST and I'm not going back...besides, the games I want to watch are basically on my local fox or cbs anyway.

Little help here...

I still don't see where they dropped the price for SuperFan. I already signed up for $99, but will gladly spend 20 minutes on hold to save another $50. Even the website still shows $99...

The $50 credits will be added automatically to your account. No CSR can credit it.

zaydon said:
I hope you guys remember what standing up for your convictions means?? DirecTV just called me today and offered the 'superfan' for $49 and I said no. They said they would take off $5 for the next 6 months on programming and I said no. EVEN if they said, we'll wave your $99 for this year to get you to sign up for superfan, I would say, NO!!! Not until the 'superfan' is removed will I return to DTV. We have to send a message. If you say yes to $49 this year, you'll be paying $99 or MORE next year and every year after that. The price of ST has never gone lower, just higher! At the rate ST has been increasing, it will be over $400 in just a matter of a few years....Say no to the NFL and DTV! Say, no to the 'superfan' at all costs.

I gave in. They called me and offered me the same deal and I said no. They then made an offer of $5 off per month for the next year. So, they charge me $49 renewal rate for the HD games and all the ancillary crap that they bundled with it, and then they credit me $60 over the next year....$5/mo. I couldn't resist. Next year, if this rediculous policy is still in effect, I'll try this again. Assuming that it won't work two years in a row, I'll cancel. They are probably banking on the idea that once I get used to seeing all of the games in HD, I won't be able to go w/o it next year. Wrong answer! I can get the Fox and CBS HD feeds for free, plus ESPN. I also get the two FOX and two CBS national feeds from NY and LA in HD. That will be enough HD for me.

Just a reminder for the auto-renewing nfl customers that can get Super Fan for $49, it does offer some additional options aside from HD games. There is also the Red Zone Ch. that continuously switches to the game with the best plays. The Short Cuts ch. that replays all Sunday's games once they have concluded, commercial free, in under 30 min, and without blackout restrictions. Then of course the mix ch. that will show 8 games at once.

ivonne said:
Just a reminder for the auto-renewing nfl customers that can get Super Fan for $49, it does offer some additional options aside from HD games. There is also the Red Zone Ch. that continuously switches to the game with the best plays. The Short Cuts ch. that replays all Sunday's games once they have concluded, commercial free, in under 30 min, and without blackout restrictions. Then of course the mix ch. that will show 8 games at once.

Ivonne, Are you a shill for DTV? Do you realize that no one cares about the red zone channel? This is not a bonus feature that DTV can charge me $99+ a year for.
You also realize that the $49 rate is a discount DTV is giving to "quiet" its subscribers from complaining on boards like this. Next year you WILL be charged at least $99 or more unless you say NO now and get this stupid surcharge removed for good.
I'm really sorry to see that people are signing up for the $49 rate and $5 off here and $5 off there...I guess guys will be on here complaining next summer. Luckily I won't have to read the thread. :)

dlnorth said:
I also get the two FOX and two CBS national feeds from NY and LA in HD. That will be enough HD for me.

I live in Los Angeles area, and I don't get NY feed.

If I call D*, will they give it to me??

zaydon said:
Ivonne, Are you a shill for DTV? Do you realize that no one cares about the red zone channel? This is not a bonus feature that DTV can charge me $99+ a year for.
You also realize that the $49 rate is a discount DTV is giving to "quiet" its subscribers from complaining on boards like this. Next year you WILL be charged at least $99 or more unless you say NO now and get this stupid surcharge removed for good.
I'm really sorry to see that people are signing up for the $49 rate and $5 off here and $5 off there...I guess guys will be on here complaining next summer. Luckily I won't have to read the thread. :)

Do you really think that 'DTV' will drop the surcharge completely, ever? What makes you think that not signing up for the package this year will get them to eliminate the charge for next year? Also, BTW, I'm sure that DTV doesn't really care about people complaining on these boards. I think the only option that we'll have is to either decline the package or pay for it.

ivonne said:

Just a reminder... all those features you mention are in standard definition... (did anyone see the quality of the SD games last year? pathetic!)

Baldone said:
Do you really think that 'DTV' will drop the surcharge completely, ever? What makes you think that not signing up for the package this year will get them to eliminate the charge for next year? Also, BTW, I'm sure that DTV doesn't really care about people complaining on these boards. I think the only option that we'll have is to either decline the package or pay for it.

Just wait till everyone who doesn't frequent satellite forums gets the auto renew with the added charge that they received no letter about. Don't plan on reaching a CSR on that day :)

Baldone, I'm confused... Do you simply accept these unreasonable price increases, or do you work for D*. This is how things get done... Every great change throughout history started with some sort of 'grassroots' campaign. Will the money really make a big operational difference to D*? I doubt it. Will it be noticed by the accounting department? You betcha. Will someone want to know what happened. Certainly. Most importantly, are people noticing the efforts made by those who don't want to be bullied into paying these absurdly high increases? YES! By making your feelings public, you not only voice your opinion, but you increase awareness of the issue as well. Believe me, D* is probably thinking more of lost revenue due to people who are on the fence considering subscribing. How many of them are getting turned off by all the negative press? That's what is going to sting D* the most.

This price increase will not benefit D* a great deal, if at all. That should be the concern. Why would they implement a price structure that was sure to cause a lot of grief for minimal gain in revenue unless they intended to exploit it down the road?

Well it would appear that I need to cease and desist with my whining about the NFL ST price increase. in response to my letter and return of my lil yellow trinket, I received a phone call from Customer Retention this weekend. I thought it odd that they called on Sunday but the rep asked me if I could tell her what was wrong again.

So I went through the rounds and at my conclusion I was offered without asking:
The NFL Sunday Ticket Renewal at $199.00, a waiver on the $49.00 SuperFan Pack fee and a on time $20.00 credit.

I am sorry fellas, I took the deal. For the $179.00 they offered I felt obligated to accept since the essentially overcame all my objections. Either way, it is not $318.00 this season and that is what matters ... essentially it is a 46% discount on the “current offer” and I would be stupid not to take a deal that was $21.00 less than last year. I also did NOT pay for SuperFan ... which I cannot even use and that is a principal victory.

In defense of our movement that Scott spearheaded with the NO HD TAX website, I am still withholding adding the “plus” to my total choice package along with any premium content, no HD Pack and no PPV in my future. Those will continue to wait on improved program quality (FULL HD), National HD channel additions (within the 10.99 fee) and improved SD quality, by that I mean less compression or at least better PQ since MPEG4 is higher compression. This is still about $850.32 a year that I'll not surrender ... and still quite a consumer bounty. Keep up the good fight Scott!

Thoughts, Congrats and Flaming Welcome.

They called me last week with the same deal. I turned it down and she offered yet another $20 "credit". I turned her down again. Principle for me. We should not have to go through this, and as I told the CSR, I think I will have to go through it all over again next year. I think they are realizing their mistake, that is a pretty aggressive cut.

Ok, so I haven't been around awhile and I don't really have the time to read through the last 4 pages of stuff.

If I order NFL ST, does that include any games in HD? Or do I have to get this gay superfan crap to get it? If I do, there's not point in me renewing NFL ST.

bp787 said:
Ok, so I haven't been around awhile and I don't really have the time to read through the last 4 pages of stuff.

If I order NFL ST, does that include any games in HD? Or do I have to get this gay superfan crap to get it? If I do, there's not point in me renewing NFL ST.

Yes, if you want the HD versions of the game it's SuperFan package else the SD versions.

rad said:
Yes, if you want the HD versions of the game it's SuperFan package else the SD versions.

wow. I'm sure this has been yelled out MANY times, but that's FREAKIN STUPID!!@@!R#$)^&@#$^#$(*&^@#$

Good thing I "moved" to get the network HD feeds...

I'm still going to call and tell them I'm not going to renew unless I get the HD games for free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.