WiMAX users ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

m00n

Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
Europe
There are several commercial WiMAX deployments and many pilot WiMAX projects around the world - but i didn't saw real WiMAX users. Is there any WiMAX users in this forum ? - it would be interesting to hear about quality and speed available.

I have WiMax from Bridgemaxx. I have the 3MB down and 500KB up! I have had it about 4 days now so I may not be the best person to answer this post but for me so far it is great! I have noticed a little slow times but mostly I get just what they advertise. I'm not sure if bad weather effects the internet yet.

I operate a WISP. They can be a challenge to run but they can also be fun. They have their ups and downs but there is a great need for this in many areas unserved by broadband.

Bad weather can affect the signal by shooting the signal through trees because the leaves that hold moisture blocks the signal but there can also be other factors such as heat and fog. Our links usually hold up well during heavy downpours. Storms can cause outages for providers due to lightening and sometimes wind. I believe WISP's are more prone to outages than cable/dsl but that may depend on what area you are in as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts