Wind storm now lost channels.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The percentage of jobs QC'd is growing every day. Substandard work is less tolerated than ever as best I can tell. Lots of crappy work out there to be found. Constantly amazed at what I see customers have allowed a tech to get away with, most of it sloppy cableing. I have never put a pole in to "spec" Overkill IMO. Have never encountered a pole put in to spec...I'm sure there are some out there. I think that spec is that high to an extent because DTV is "setting the bar" in hopes that a tech will do an adequate job installing a pole. If the spec called for 10 lbs of concrete some guys would put 2lbs in. Call for 150 and maybe they will use the 40 or 50 lbs that will make for a decent mount. Depth is critical. Deeper is better of course. I will shorten a pole and wind up with a half in/half out result if heigth is not needed for line of sight over fences, etc. Shorter is sturdier, giving the wind less mechanical advantage. If I cant put one in as deep or as short as I would like I will widen the hole, allowing for a sufficient amt of concrete to do the job. I use the foot from a Ka/Ku mast screwed to the base of the pole to prevent it from twisting. SOME customers have to be cautioned that their pole mount wasn't designed to hang one end of a hammock on or as a Jungle Jim for the kids. Quality installs are done by people with integrity, not by those afraid of the QC man. Plenty of folks out there with little or none. Some here seem too quick to criticize those who obviously have an honest interest in seeing that good work is done. Save it for the guy who starts posting "I do as little as I can to get by. Screw the customer. They get what i give'em". Those folks are out there but of course you won't read their thoughts in this venue. In these type forums its easy to criticize someone who's not sitting on the other side of the table from you and can reach your throat from where he sits.

The percentage of jobs QC'd is growing every day. Substandard work is less tolerated than ever as best I can tell. Lots of crappy work out there to be found. Constantly amazed at what I see customers have allowed a tech to get away with, most of it sloppy cableing. I have never put a pole in to "spec" Overkill IMO. Have never encountered a pole put in to spec...I'm sure there are some out there. I think that spec is that high to an extent because DTV is "setting the bar" in hopes that a tech will do an adequate job installing a pole. If the spec called for 10 lbs of concrete some guys would put 2lbs in. Call for 150 and maybe they will use the 40 or 50 lbs that will make for a decent mount. Depth is critical. Deeper is better of course. I will shorten a pole and wind up with a half in/half out result if heigth is not needed for line of sight over fences, etc. Shorter is sturdier, giving the wind less mechanical advantage. If I cant put one in as deep or as short as I would like I will widen the hole, allowing for a sufficient amt of concrete to do the job. I use the foot from a Ka/Ku mast screwed to the base of the pole to prevent it from twisting. SOME customers have to be cautioned that their pole mount wasn't designed to hang one end of a hammock on or as a Jungle Jim for the kids. Quality installs are done by people with integrity, not by those afraid of the QC man. Plenty of folks out there with little or none. Some here seem too quick to criticize those who obviously have an honest interest in seeing that good work is done. Save it for the guy who starts posting "I do as little as I can to get by. Screw the customer. They get what i give'em". Those folks are out there but of course you won't read their thoughts in this venue. In these type forums its easy to criticize someone who's not sitting on the other side of the table from you and can reach your throat from where he sits.

SOME customers have to be cautioned that their pole mount wasn't designed to hang one end of a hammock on or as a Jungle Jim for the kids.

Amen ....
Being it the phone business, I will often find the sub Clothes Line attached to the Telephone pole, which I have every right to cut down as it's a Safety issue if I have to get on the pole.
Another think I see , most times if there is a basement, the phone and cable lines will be run in the basement .... unfortunatly, the sub sees a line in place and hangs thier clothes on the phone line, hangered no less, so you KNOW it was intentional !

I will have to say this is the best post I have ever read on this forum.

Some members here should read this 2 maybe 3 times.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts