Windows Media Center Vista + 102g

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Now for 64 bit . . .
My twinhan 102g DVB-s card will not take those DVB-T drivers you posted dashund

I have yet to test them. I'm gonna try to get everything done Tuesday, my next day off. Device manager took it, and DVBDream sees it, but I can't testify whether it actually accepts a signal, so I may have the same issue willie has. I did install Windows 7 32-bit and it was a breeze with the Digital 3.4 package. But it's the 64-bit drivers that it won't take, and this seems to be a problem for years...I had the same issues with Vista 64-bit. I want the 64-bit performance and RAM capability advantages, hence why I'm trying to figure this out. I bought a TBS 6920 (which installed beautifully without a single hiccup) for S2 and general feed hunting with my 10 foot dish, but I wanna use the 102g for my fixed Ku dish I have on AMC 21 for PBS.

EDIT: I was reading around and found where someone posted that ProgDVB 64-bit has a driver for Twinhan cards. Anyone tried this yet?

Last edited:
dashaund;1953523 EDIT: I was reading around and found where someone posted that ProgDVB 64-bit has a driver for Twinhan cards. Anyone tried this yet?[/QUOTE said:
When I installed 102g into 32bit windows 7, I could not use the twinhan direct driver in DVBdream because windows still had not recognized the device. The progDVB driver is probably for ProgDVB and not for win7-64bit (device manager). Cant hurt to try tho :)

I guess im gunna install stinky 32bit win7 just for this purpose in my HTPC. I tried emailing twinhan support to say "my twinhan card is only as good as the support" (re: 64bit) and my email bounced back.

Here is a web form from twinhan support, for those who want to encourage twinhan to make the driver :

http://www.twinhan.com/on_line_help.asp

EDIT: stupid webform wont submit from google chrome

Last edited:
Hey guys. Okay, finally got some signal coming in! I setup my 90cm dish and aimed it at AMC21 so I can get the PBS feeds. Result? Eh...nada. On either card. My 102g gives errors when trying to tune in both ProgDVB 64-bit and DVBDream. My 6920 either crashes DVBDream or shows no signal. Soooo, looks live Windows 7 doesn't like to tune either card even though I have no device manager conflicts. I think I'm going to install XP later this week and go with that until the manufacturers release fixes.

How did u get win7 64bit to take the 102g drivers?

The same steps I posted previously...turned off UAC, and installed the patched drivers. Windows then installed the device without any conflicts, and then I installed Digital TV 3.4 release 19. Even with those drivers, the device still did not work. I'm currently installing Windows 7 RTM 32-bit to see if it works and it's just a 64-bit driver issue or a Windows 7 issue. I'll be the first to say 32-bit is outdated and everyone should jump on the 64-bit bandwagon. But, we're stuck in an XP world right now, and most manufacturers aren't going to code 64-bit drivers for old hardware. It looks like Snow Leopard has finally turned the Mac world in the 64-bit direction, lets hope Windows 7 64 along with computer manufacturers shipping computers with 64-bit OSes puts hardware manufacturers butt's in gear.

UPDATE: Okay, I got 32-bit installed. Got all the drivers installed, and the 102g works great with DVBDream. I've got an audio issue when decoding AC3, but that's probably a small kink I'll work out...I had similar issues with both XP and Vista at times, so, no big surprise. I just the audio codec is redded out when I'm playing an AC3 stream. I am, however, disappointed in Media Center. I was able to configure my card but two issues came up. First off, it seems to have an outdated and incomplete list of available satellites in the NA arc. It lists 123 as G10R, and there is no AMC 21 at 125. So, whatever, I'm just testing this out. So I chose 123 and continue. Onto scanning transponders. I manually key in a frequency, symbol rate, and polarity of the PBS HDTV signal on 12140 and Media Center crashes...awesome. I'm not sure if this is a driver issue or a Media Center issue. I'm guessing a Media Center issue since I can use my 102g in DVBDream fine. And I did install Digital TV 3.4 release 19 for the most up to date drivers. ::sigh:: Oh well, hopefully once Windows 7 releases officially we'll get some fixes and updates in the near future.

Last edited:
Ah, yes, Scanman"s codec pack...the missing piece I forgot about ::bangs head against wall::. Thanks for the tip, that's why I find this forum and invaluable resource.

I found this at Planet 64. It doesnt say twinhan specifically but one of the options in the readme should work.

Attachments

• bt848wdm-x64-vista.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 193
I just got a Twinhan 102g card. Windows 7 Media Center detects it, but I can't use it because I have a multi-LNB setup. Is there some way to tell Media Center about the switch?

7MC doesn't ask about the switch, at all. I've seen a website that says it's supposed to, but I've seen other websites where everyone is having the same problem as me, with no solution other than to suggest that possibly the BDA driver is buggy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts