Windows server 2003 vpn issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Guys I have racked my brain on this one..

I have windows 2003 server set up on my spare home pc running internet and Domain access through it.. My plans are to host one of my sites off of it soon (www.nimdog.com) I had this site during my origial deployment and took it down after I got home.

I kept the domain name though :)

Anyhow I have VPN set up through PPTP.. but every time I go to connect from a remote location on to the domain it gives me error 647: the account is disabled. I have the account enabled through Active Dir. for dial up access. Im using the internet to remote vpn into the server. The server is running in windows 2003 native mode.

any Ideas? I would like to get this up in the event if i do deploy, i can atleast vpn back to my domain.

goaliebob99 said:
Guys I have racked my brain on this one..

I have windows 2003 server set up on my spare home pc running internet and Domain access through it.. My plans are to host one of my sites off of it soon (www.nimdog.com) I had this site during my origial deployment and took it down after I got home.

I kept the domain name though :)

Anyhow I have VPN set up through PPTP.. but every time I go to connect from a remote location on to the domain it gives me error 647: the account is disabled. I have the account enabled through Active Dir. for dial up access. Im using the internet to remote vpn into the server. The server is running in windows 2003 native mode.

any Ideas? I would like to get this up in the event if i do deploy, i can atleast vpn back to my domain.

Bob, I sent you a PM with some information I will need to try to help you out with this. RAS on Windows Server 2003 can be a bear.

Yea I think i figured it out.. I got to go play.. Win server 2003 is new to me but yet I feel Like i can run it with no problems (very fluent in xp) Brian, I want to see what it does at my mom's house with remote logon, and then I will pm you :) We were able to get it to connect but It wont pull up any of the network folders.. Im assuming thats an easy fix.

If you are using RAS dial in be sure of the following:

Authentication protocols match up on client and server
Encyption protocols match up on client and server
Make sure user has Remote Access rights either by user account or by group policy

Win Server 2003 can be a nightmare to get RAS up and going. Not nearly as easy as NT or 2000 was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts