Windows "Vienna to ship in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea thats what Im worried about, Vista hasnt had alot of publicity and marketing just like ME almost to a T and god I hated that OS so much that I pulled it a day after I installed it because it was crap. 98 I liked, I wish it was still supported because it was the most stable, XP I like to and its almost as stable but I am looking for something new so I may install redhat onto the sata drive in my comp soon as I can figure out my mb's boot prefernce settings to give me the option to pick a hard drive to boot to.

Is Vienna supposed to be a replacement for Vista? What is the deal with already announcing the launch of another OS when they just launched this one? That is only two years from now yet XP was around for what - 5 or 6 years?

Knowing how delayed the stuff is, it probably wont be out in two years anyways (reminds me of Dish Network).

XP is still around. Running on most computers in use today. I really wish we had a choice of OS for new computers. Dell simply stopped offering it. Everything is some flavor of Vista. So hardware mfg's listen up--
I will wait until you bring back the option of XP before I buy another computer! I'm, happy with what I have now except I'd love to dump that athalon my wife has since it overheats so much. Maybe I'll buy her that XPS 1210 she wants and simply install XP on it.

In a way. I'd bet Vista isn't all that bad if all the drivers were ready. So maybe all I need to do is wait until next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts