Winegard DS2076 Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PSB

On vacation
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
The Winegard 30" dish (30"X33") (DS2076) is a great dish for FTA ku band, and it performs better than many slightly larger dish I have tried. It's a solid well built dish, precision made by a quality Satellite dish manufacturer; even their DirecTV dish is well thought of in the industry. The DS2076 has few parts and takes ten minutes to assemble, the elevation scale is clearly marked and the elevation setting line (RED) is very easy to see. I also like the grey blue color of this dish and it easily blends into the background.

Another plus with this dish is it can be easily fitted with a dual LNBF bracket for a second (DBS) LNB. It also comes with multi options for holding different LNB, so it can also be used with most DBS LNB and is a great option for for folks with rain-fade on their DBS system! Overall this dish is a joy to work with and has great gain and performance for its size and price.

Attachments

• Pict0007.JPG
    Pict0007.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 1,475
  • Pict0009.JPG
    Pict0009.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,599
  • Pict0008.JPG
    Pict0008.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 1,476
I've got one of these and a HotDish and I like the Winegard better :)

The Winegard is much sturdier (and a lot heavier than the HotDish), so it would hold up in strong winds (30 mph and up..not hurricane)

I have one as well and second everything said above, except to note that the red elevation setting line is only easy to see once it's pointed out to you (for the not-so-observant among us :eek:).

It does seem to be very precision made. Also as PSB and Iceberg said, it is definitely sturdy.

Winegard Dish

My 76cm Winegard dish handled very well during the past two hurricanes we had in Florida. Charley did not get us directly but we did get some 60+ mph winds with Frances and the dish withstood everything mother nature could throw at it.

I bought a Fortec Lifetime Ultra and have it running. Excellent receiver with all the features I wanted. With my Coship 5300b I had the problem of accumulating the same channels evrytime I would rescan a satellite. With the Fortec, it gives an option of deleting one channel or all the channels on a single bird or everything at once. I sure appreciate this feature because before I had to reset it back to factory settings to clear the channels.

I also received a Universal Fortec LNBF today. It brings in more signal than my old one, with some channels getting a 20 point increase in signal quality. :)

I still have trouble with G10. There is a popcorn tree right in the direction of G10 and i am very tempted to "trim" it a little, right to the ground.

MrM

Adding some clearer pictures showing the RED Elevation mark!

The below dish is set at an Elevation of 34º

Attachments

• Pict0134.JPG
    Pict0134.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,049
  • Pict0135.JPG
    Pict0135.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 936
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)