Winegard MP1 and a strange setup. .

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KE7WWT

Original poster
May 3, 2020
NY
Ok. . this one is off the beaten path. . . I have a low data rate signal coming off the SES-2 bird. Between the strength and the low data rate, the signal can actually be received with a "naked" LNB as long as it is pointed at the bird.

Current setup: The frequency is 12.1032 into a LNB (system setting frequency) that has an input frequency of 10.70 to 12.75, a output of 950 to 2150 and a LO frequency of 9750 & 10.600. I can also change the LO frequency to 10.750. . . good so far?

Well. . . here's the issue. I was given a Winegard MP! which is made for the Dish/AT&T/Bell network and uses a LNB with different settings. With the old LNB, my system send up 14.2 volts. I understand there is a difference between circular polarization and linear, but the improvement made by the MP1 will make up for the loss.

What I need is the LNB difference between a DISH/AT&T net and the issued LNB. If I know all of the specs one th Winegard MP1 LNB then I can adjust my frequency setting from 12.1032 to match the LNB. I can't change the LNB or LO frequency from 9450 & 10.600 or 10.750. Or. . . an easier method is a LNB that matches what is expected, but I cannot find one.

An y advice from the group of experts is greatly appreciated.

The frequency range of the LNBF on the new donor dish is 12.200 - 12.750 GHz. This is above the target transponder frequency. The tuned frequency is not shifted by changing the LO frequency.
Crap. . . that's not going to work - the expected input frequency is lower than the donor LNB is capable of receiving. Anyone know of a direct replacement?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts