Winegard Pinnacle 2013 Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.
End tweaks

The cables (with spares) have been run and buried in PVC pipe. While tightening everything down and adjusting my actuator boot, I noticed that I had slid the mounting bracket too far on the shaft. (to increase my east limit). After sliding it back far enough for the rubber weather seal to seat, my eastern limit was reduced. 58W and 61W (barely) are no longer accessible. :( 72W to 139W are spot on.

All is well. Thank you everyone for your tips, advice, recommendations, and assistance. Its now time to watch some TV. :)

Cheers!
Norman

Attachments

• Filled trench.jpg
    Filled trench.jpg
    788.7 KB · Views: 201
  • Actuator1.jpg
    Actuator1.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 170
You should be able to get more range than that with a 24" actuator.My 10' Pinnacle with 24", goes from 139w to probably somewhere in the 20's ,can't really tell,trees/buildings in the way.Pic 1 is east,pic 2 is west.

Attachments

• 100_0472.JPG
    100_0472.JPG
    582 KB · Views: 162
  • 100_0471.JPG
    100_0471.JPG
    688.8 KB · Views: 160
You should be able to get more range than that with a 24" actuator.My 10' Pinnacle with 24", goes from 139w to probably somewhere in the 20's ,can't really tell,trees/buildings in the way.Pic 1 is east,pic 2 is west.

Thanks for the pictures waylew.

I have plenty of range for the western sats (177W). The range problem is on my minimum side. My actuator is at the minimum limit before it can center on 61W. I "could" flip the entire assembly to the other side, but my actuator would be extended most of the time. I considered bolting down the clamp over top of the rubber seal to gain range, but that would damage the boot. It looks like we both have the same amount of range, but 2200 miles of location difference. All suggestions are appreciated.

Sincerely,
Norman

Thanks waylew!

The pictures of your dish and your range numbers helped greatly. A lot of boring testing, measuring and cycling the actuator was done before I grasped the obvious.

Flipping this bracket (180 degrees) that the actuator attaches to, shifted the arc range about 10 degrees east. I won't have time to calibrate everything until this weekend, but I am 99% sure that the dish will get to 58W now.

Thanks again for your input and suggestions!

Sincerely,
Norman

Attachments

• rotated bracket.jpg
    rotated bracket.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
It is different from yours, but it is bolted in the holes that give the maximum range. Thanks again!

58.0W

Flipping the bracket made the difference. 58w to 139w is now clear.

Cheers!
Norman

Attachments

• 58W.jpg
    58W.jpg
    651.1 KB · Views: 139
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)