Winegard PR9032 Antenna?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

techpuppy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
I've decided to upgrade my antenna setup and have been doing some research online. Winegard makes a PR8800 which looks similar to the CM4228. Anyone know if they have similar perfomance? I also found the PR9032 which has even better performance but is a yagi type antenna. It seems that most of the people on this site are recommending the bay type antenna. Other than length (almost 10 feet) is there any reason to consider a bay type antenna over the more sensitive yagi? Over most of the UHF band the difference is over 4db more gain for the yagi. I'm after some distant stations from 100 to 120 miles away (I occasionally get them at night now off of the back of my current yagi antenna). Thanks for any advice!

My choice would be the antennas direct 91-xg with cm7777 or cm 7775 preamp for your application.

The 91xg is less than $90 frt. included at solid signal

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=AD-91XG

This antenna is similar in design to the european Blake JBX21WB or a Triax Unix 100 element uhf antenna, less expensive, lighter weight and easier to purchase. You can purchase 2- 91xg's for the price of these great performing uhf antennas and the 91 xg works just as good.

I know of several users who replaced their cm4228 with this antenna and received better results. I am even thinking of trying one myself.

Last edited:
Rick0725 - Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of this antenna, but it looks like the best choice for me. Now if only I can get motivated to put up a tower.

been talking about it for almost a year...ordered an antennas direct 91xg uhf antenna this morning.

should receive the antenna in a few days just in time toinstall it this weekend.

going to compare uhf performance using
91xg
cm4228
hd8200p

-will eventually use the winegard hd8200p for vhf and the 91xg for uhf
-separate lines for each antenna
-only amplify uhf (91xg) with my winegard hdp269 preamp
-combine vhf and uhf signals at the distribution point with a cm0549

and see what happens

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)