Winegard SS2000

knoxbh

Original poster
Dec 21, 2003
Just installed the above antenna today (Winter Haven, Fl - stations are located in Tampa/St. Pete - about 40 miles from me). Reception appears to be excellent with the exception of the Fox station w0% on the indicator - rest of the stations register 90% or above. Amazingly, 3 of the stations (ABC, NBC and Fox) all use the same tower - CBS is off-angle and still gets 85%. But Fox is the problem. I was using a Winegard antenna which was blown down 3 times 2 years ago with 3 hurricanes in a row. Figured that was enough.

Sorry about being so long winded but the real question is, how do I find out the right settings for elevation and azimuth from this location?

Thanks for all your help.

Howard Knox

Go to www.antennaweb.org, input your address (not just your zip) and see what results you get. Warning - sometimes it does not list all the digital stations.

Possibilities for Fox; is it a VHF station, you usually need a larger antenna? Or is it still operating at low power?

WFLA-DT 8.1 (NBC) and WTVT-DT 13.1 (FOX) are both VHF Hi; and all locals are between the 251° and 255° heading from Winter Haven. For the $90+ that this SS-2000 usually costs, I think there might be some better options quality wise. Which is the most important thing overall. Like maybe:

Winegard PR7042, PR7052, HD7084P
Channel Master CM3678, CM3679, CM3019, CM3030
Terrestrial Digital V21

Winegard SS-2000 Spec (under optimal conditions)
• Expected peak Range for VHF Lo Channels (2-6): up to 15 Miles
• Expected peak Range for VHF Hi Channels (7-13): up to 40 Miles
• Expected peak Range for UHF Channels (14-69): up to 50 Miles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)