Wingard Trav'ler 1000 compatable with Hopper w/sling?

Discussion in 'DISH Network Support Forum' started by Instrument Tech, Aug 13, 2019 at 11:32 PM.

1. Instrument Tech

Instrument Tech Topic Starter New Member

Hello all. I am thinking about upgrading my VIP612 dvr in my RV, and have been looking at the Hopper w/Sling as a replacement.

I would like to know if the Hopper w/Sling is a direct replacement (hookup with a single RG6 coax) to my Winegard Trav'ler 1000 antenna on the roof. If not, can someone suggest the proper connection for a single Hopper w/Sling and a single TV (no joeys) to the Winegard Trav'ler antenna.

I also have a VIP211z in the RV bedroom connected to the LNB on the Trav'ler antenna that would remain un-changed.
    Thanks in advance for your help.....

2. Brussam

Brussam SatelliteGuys Pro Pub Member / Supporter

Since the Hopper w/Sling is a triple tuner DVR, it needs two coax cables. You could put the SOLO Node on the roof near the Trav'ler and run a single coax to the Hopper w/Sling.

NYDutch likes this.
  3. Instrument Tech

Instrument Tech Topic Starter New Member

Thank you for your response, Brussam

So.....
    1.) Move the existing VIP211z coax from connection #2 over to connection #3 on the LNB.
    2.) Connect #1 and #2 on the LNB to the inputs on the SOLO node and SOLO node HOST connection to the existing coaxial feed to the new HOPPER w/Sling. Add 75 ohm terminating resister to client connection on SOLO node.
    Have I got it correct?

In my last phone conversation with a DISH CSR, they said they would not allow an older receiver like the VIP211z and newer style receiver like the HOPPER w/Sling activated on the same account. Do you know if that is true?

Is there any advantage to changing my perfectly good VIP211z which I own, to a Joey. Are there features on the Joey that the VIP211z lacks?

4. NYDutch

NYDutch SatelliteGuys Pro Pub Member / Supporter

Your connection listing is correct. Dish does allow a VIP or Wally on a Hopper account. If the CSR says no, ask for a supervisor or call back for a different CSR.

Cypresstree and charlesrshell like this.

Separate names with a comma.

More...