Winter is over and I get 1/2 of the arc?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

penguinsix

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Hi,

Well this is a bit strange (or maybe not). But I've noticed recently that I can only get from SBS-6 to birds 'West', but not to any of those East. T5, G3, AMC3(?) all seem to be ok, but when I try something like PAS9ku, I get nothing. AMAzonas--nothing (though I guess it is dead).

If it was a 'plumb' issue could it be possible I only get 1 side, or should I be checking other things (bad receiver, motor, obstruction?). I used to get those birds on the East side of my 'south' but now, hmm...

When that happens to me its always an alignment problem. Maybe the wind moved the dish on the pole a bit, pole might be out of plumb a tad, doesn't take much. Mine needs tweaking too, just waiting for some decent weather without the wind blowing.

I'm getting the same thing on my temporary dish setup. As the glaciers retreat northwards from here the ground springs back up and spoils my pallet setup. To my mind it is very possible to lose one side completely - it depends where the arc of my motor crosses the satellite arc. When perfectly set up the two arcs cross everywhere. When slightly off, only at one point, if that. Say my motor arc touches the satellite arc halfway between my south and extreme west. Satellites on the west side will be reachable to some extent. However on the east side my motor arc divergence will be progressively worse the further east I go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)