WION Internet Radio Stream?

It's QUITE appropriate! And, we're working on it! The biggest "bugger" of the system is that the music licensing companies are more strict with us over the air broadcasters than they are with online-only systems, so some extra work is required in preparing to take our station to the web.

Ever since Scott was kind enough to give us the gift of being the first radio station here, we've worked overtime on that and expect it very soon! We just have to satisfy the needs of the music industry while we remain in budget putting it all together "behind the scenes."

On Friday mornings you'll find the "conversational" part of our unique round-table show accessible from the station website at www.i1430.com through "ustream". That's one way to get to know us on Fridays!

Thanks for your interest, and "stay tuned" to satguys....its COMING!

Cheers!

I love the sound of this......I only get about 10 minute of listening in on the drive to work........my office is a radio black hole.

Jim has been letting me call in an listen via the Hot Line and thats how I have been hearing the station, and I got to say no other station anywhere has the music variety that WION does. For those who have never heard it, your in for a treat, can't wait to hear it in Stereo online. :D

For those of us out of town, who would like to "listen in" on local activities of WION,

Can you guys updated this page: WION - 1430 AM Ionia, MI ??

Mods, if this is inapporiate, please remove?

Sorry for the delayed response.....That page, unfortunately is not run by us and we have no affiliation. There's probably a word for it, but its a site that tries to act like a local (station/business informationa)l site, has no affiliation, and bad information. Their info is not directly from ANY station or any business! Its much like Merchant Circle, one of the biggest offenders in that category! They actually have us located in Hastings, MI about 40 miles away. Yet another has listed our staff, and completely got it wrong. Sad part is, these sites scam people into buying INTO them! There's hundreds of them, and you have to "claim" your listing before you can dispute the inaccuracy. Oughtta be illegal! Here's the one that moved us to Hastings: http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Wion.Radio.I.1430.Hastings.MI.616-527-9466

The official place for information on WION is Welcome to WION, Ionia's I-1430 and, we try to check our Wikipedia entry every now and then to insure accuracy.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delayed response.....That page, unfortunately is not run by us and we have no affiliation.
TuneIn is a legit site that aggrigates all radio stations and streams. There are Tunein Apps for a number of phones and even GoogleTV which let people easily acess your station.

I have delt with TuneIn before and they are easy to work with. If you need any help let me know. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)