Wire hookup for gi 450i

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RLDSL

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Would anybody happen to have a manual laying around with the wiring hookup for a gi 450i reciever?
I just recieved a used system for free ( large dish complete and reciever with some wire still; attached at the dish end), but without a manual, and having never fooled with one of these things before, trying to hook the wiring up is rusulting in me starring with a glazed over look .....and thats about as far as I've got so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks---------Robert

Everything should be labeled on the back.
C band LNB connects to C/H
Ku band LNB connects to K/V
Video and R/L Audio RCA jacks connect to your TV or VCR (optional)
+5V, PULSE and GND connect to servo motor (in feedhorn) as follows: red to +5 volts, white to pulse, black to ground (GND).
PULSE and GND also are connected to the two sensor wires on actuator arm (these are usually a noticeably smaller gauge wire).
M1 and M2 are connected to motor wires on actuator arm (usually a larger gauge wire than the sensor wires). MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MIX UP THE MOTOR AND SENSOR WIRES! If the motor turns the dish the wrong way (moves it west when you punch east), reverse the connections to M1 and M2 (move the wire from M1 to M2, and the other wire from M2 to M1).
(One of the two +5v connections, the C/Ku connection, and the V/H connection are normally not used in a typical system with a reed sensor in the actuator arm).
VHF OUT TO TV may be used to feed an RF signal to a TV.
VHF IN FROM ANT may be used as a connection to a TV antenna, cable TV feed, or to the output of another (possibly digital) receiver. In this case, when the satellite receiver is turned off or the remote is used to select that input, the VHF IN will be looped through to the VHF OUT, thus you can select between antenna and satellite dish (for example). This works well for feeding a set in another room.

Limitations: The VHF OUT is mono only. If you need stereo sound, use the video and R/L audio (possibly fed into a stereo modulator if you want to feed a whole house system). HOWEVER, note that the 450i is incapable of providing stereo sound on unscrambled analog channels. It WILL provide stereo sound on any Digicipher 2 signal that you have authorization to receive (including any you may find in "free" fixed-key mode), provided of course that your receiver has the Digicipher descrambler card. You MIGHT be able to coax stereo sound out of an unscrambled analog feed if you have one of the old external stereo processor units (which would connect to the BASEBAND jack, I believe) but I haven't personally tried this, and since analog is going away I wouldn't invest much time or effort into trying to accomplish that.

Note that you will have to get the big dish to track the arc. That is much harder to explain (in text) than to actually do. I really hope you know how to do that, or know someone who knows how.

WOW!!! Read this! I have been working two days setting up my new 7-1/2 foot Unimesh with Chaparral C LNB. Today I borrowed a fellow Ham's 450i without any docs and also getting frustrated not knowing the basic wiring for the rcvr. While I was cruring in and out of the shack I saw your VERY WELCOMED response to another member having exactly the same issues. I printed and read your wiring guidelines and ran to the dish, rcvr and remote and corrected the wiring. Although I'm not at this time able to see anything, and it was getting dark, I'm sure tomorrws another day!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)