Wireless Connection

It also randomly sends Dish it's "health status" to make sure it's working properly. If you start to lose signal for whatever reason, dish would see that, and contact you to setup a FREE tech visit to see what's up...

Reactions: 3HaloODST
You can access your on demand. Use apps. stb health. Use your sling if you have it. You can stream content from your dlna enabled device. Its worth keeping it connected

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So what are they other than ordering PPV ? Thanx

to give you an idea....

The last 3 smart a-- posts really helps a newbie asking a serious question.

If you think my post was smart ass, you're not reading it. uriel gave you a list of what you can do with an internet connection before you asked what the use could be other than PPV. I simply quoted him and added "to give you an idea" If that is smart ass, I guess you really aren't looking for an answer...

Reactions: lazydogmot and KAB
Sorry Bobby. I was referring to the battery comment and when I read yours there were no prior quotes. Just the comment.
Like you said I got the answer.

I found a way to disconnect the wireless by entering a bad password. But after I connected the LAN cable it picked up the wireless again when disconnecting the LAN.
DISH is surely working hard to keep my stuff connected to them. What other info is DISH getting from my connection that might benefit them more than me?

I'm getting ready to upgrade and this post gives me some concern. We have hughesnet so I wouldn't want anything connecting to our network that would use any bandwidth that I'm not fully aware of.

I'm getting ready to upgrade and this post gives me some concern. We have hughesnet so I wouldn't want anything connecting to our network that would use any bandwidth that I'm not fully aware of.
I wouldn't worry about it. Back in the olden days when a phone line was the only option to connect to Dish, the receiver would dial out once a day to verify a phone connection.
It could be similar timing for the internet connection although I would expect it is probably more often.
It would be nice if an engineer on the system or one who knows the system could provide the actual frequency of connecting to Dish.

I have two Hoppers connected via my internet connection, cable, and when I run a speed test on my PC's I get whopping good speeds.
If desired, I could repeat the speed test with both Hoppers removed from the system to see if there is any difference in the results.

Here are just a few reasons to have your Hopper connected to the internet...

Enhanced support
A connected receiver offers better technical support and additional self-service options. Dish network can remotely monitor all of your equipment and identify a problem before it occurs. This could save you valuable time and ensure that your system is working correctly when it counts.

Dish Cinema
DISH Cinema is the newly redesigned Video on Demand (VOD) platform. The completely new user-friendly interface provides an Internet-type user experience and features an extensive library of movies. You can access DISH Cinema by simply clicking on the DVR button or selecting DISH on Demand button on your Hopper remote.

DISH Remote Access
With DISH Remote Access, you can manage your home television with the full-featured DVR manager, a searchable program guide, and a virtual remote control.

Sling Technology
Let's face it, we all live busy lifestyles and want a way to catch our favorate TV shows and recorded content on the go. We have the solution with our Sling technology, this allows you to watch your favorite shows and DVR recordings on the go anytime, anywhere on your compatible mobile device, laptop, or computer.

DISHOnline.com
Dish also offers the DISHOnline.com to their customers - the ONLY online video portal that integrates live and recorded TV with more then 150,000 popular movies, TV shows, clips, and trailers into one easy-to-use interface.

Blockbuster Movie Pass
The most comprehensive home entertainment package ever, including the ability to stream thousands of titles to your PC or TV. Plus you have access to over 20 additional channels of first-fun movies, comedies, sports, music and more.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)