wireless dtv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

slls

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
Tech just left house and told me D* is going wireless this spring, no more running wires all over the house. A wireless unit will go with the tv.
Did a search and nothing about wireless.

Well he went into a long spiel about it, said you would be able to take your tv to the garage and it would work.
Also mentioned it would cut down on his work load, like not good for him.
He also said they would install a pocket on the tv back to hold the wireless unit, seemed to know a lot.

Never heard that before, and I member of this site and the other, DBS talk, also facebook. This is the first time I heard that. It is possible down the road but they need to light up more HD channels before they start some other thing

I suspect that DIRECTV has retreated to trying to be known as "the first" or "the only". Having missed the latest sailings with conventional HD programming, they've turned to 3D and other fronts where there little or no competition. Of course there's usually a bad reason that there's no competition.

I suspect that DIRECTV has retreated to trying to be known as "the first" or "the only". Having missed the latest sailings with conventional HD programming, they've turned to 3D and other fronts where there little or no competition. Of course there's usually a bad reason that there's no competition.

Actually, this RVU stuff has been in the works for quite awhile now, you need the TV manufactures to do thier end at the same time.
I have heard Samsung and Sony and a few others getting in on the RVU stuff so far, it's just REAL new at this point.

Actually, this RVU stuff has been in the works for quite awhile now, you need the TV manufactures to do thier end at the same time.
If DIRECTV is going to release the HR34 in 100 days or less, there needs to be a much better public education program.

RVU would seem to be betting the farm on the HR34. I realize that Cisco is also a member, but they're a member of just about every initiative.

Even the RVU's latest news article (16 days after CES) says that DIRECTV will begin shipping the "server" in the second half of 2010.

Is this going to be a repeat of the HR21Pro with its much ballyhooed HDMI over fiber?

Maybe built in WiFi like Blu-Ray players...I could see that happening..
Not with three wireless MRV sessions and any conventional computer traffic you won't. The stinky part about wireless is that the performance isn't entirely predictable (unless you live out of range of other Wi-fi users and your cordless phones don't interfere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)