Wireless HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JBC

Original poster
Dec 8, 2013
Alabama
New DirecTV customer so bear with me.... I have four tv's set up with a Genie in the 'main' room and mini-genies in the other 3. One tv is a non-HD tv in a large bathroom we watch each morning. Trouble is, the tv in the bedroom was the one I had to leave off the installation due to the limit of 4 per receiver. The bathroom tv (non-HD) was installed using a conversion to composite cables that runs from a box (C41-500) to a RF Modulator (6203) and then coax from that RF Modulator to the back of the tv. This left the 'HDMI out' on the C41-500 unused.
(These boxes may be called something else but these are the model numbers on the bottom of them)

My question is, can I use a Nyrius HD transmitter, plugged into the HDMI out on the C41-500 and then connect the Nyrius HD receiver to the tv in the bedroom? The tv's are only about 25 feet apart but I can't see the bathroom tv from the bedroom and I can't run wires to connect the two....(the bedroom tv is capable of 720p)

Wondering first of all if this would work.... then wondering if the HDMI connection would 'override' the composite connection in the bathroom. If so, I could unplug it except when I wanted to watch tv in the bedroom which is not that often. I also looked at splitting the composite out from the C41-500 and installing an audio/video transmitter/receiver that isn't HD but didn't know if that would work either.

You guys are the experts so looking forward to your opinions.

:welcome to Satelliteguys JBC!

All outputs are live all the time, so theoretically it should work fine. I'm not familiar with the transmitter you cited though.

Thanks, that helps. Anyone have any opinions on the Nyrius HD trasmitter/receiver?

I may be wrong but I believe that on the clients the HDMI is disabled as soon as you plug anything in to the ten pin slot

I have not heard of that brand either. There are too many wireless HD units out there, that I would not buy, since they are at most, cheaply made, do not work within their spec's. Personally, I would try and pull a Ethernet line, and do HDMi over Ethernet.

Feed the output for on the DirecTV box, to a HDMI multiplexer, so all outputs are active at the same time.

I may be wrong but I believe that on the clients the HDMI is disabled as soon as you plug anything in to the ten pin slot
unless software has changed recently, I mirrored a couple tv's last week using ten pins and the HDMI output. I've also had to use a ten pin on a system where the kid had a stereo he wanted connected to the mini but the tv didn't have audio out.

If only 25' you may be better just getting a 25' HDMI cable from Monoprice or similar. That is not a long distance for HDMI, I have some going 75' or so.

He's coming with the wireless client receiver worked in the bathroom wirelessly without running cable anything using RF remote wish we need a room I wait until the wireless comes out

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)