Wireless Joey

Of course walls and other factors could affect this distance like all wireless electronics.

Attachments

• 1449868031589.jpg
    1449868031589.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 224
If you use hard wired Joey and get your own wireless equipment then you would have more control of the range.
What wireless equipment would you need if you have a Wired Joey?
I'm not sure you can change the Range of the WAP without redesigning it :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

What wireless equipment would you need if you have a Wired Joey?
I'm not sure you can change the Range of the WAP without redesigning it :)

Explain please.

With a regular Joey, you can put in a wifi adapter(the netgear one) on the Joey, and turn it into a wireless Joey that runs through your router. The Hopper and the Joey just be on the same network for this to work. It is 100% completely unsupported.

Reactions: Stargazer and 356B
With a regular Joey, you can put in a wifi adapter(the netgear one) on the Joey, and turn it into a wireless Joey that runs through your router. The Hopper and the Joey just be on the same network for this to work. It is 100% completely unsupported.
Thanks. :)

Reactions: ChadT41
I can't Imagine why? Lol!

That would be the last thing I would ever do.
I would run a Coax before introducing a Wifi adapter into the system.

No way that is stable and a solid connection.
No buying into that one.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I can't Imagine why? Lol!

That would be the last thing I would ever do.
I would run a Coax before introducing a Wifi adapter into the system.

No way that is stable and a solid connection.
No buying into that one.

I agree. There is no way in hell I am putting my equipment at risk for a minimal satisfaction with Dish equipment. I'll let them replace a WAP.

Reactions: Troch77
I agree. There is no way in hell I am putting my equipment at risk for a minimal satisfaction with Dish equipment. I'll let them replace a WAP.
Agree, and the WAP atleast uses its own private network.

A buddy of mine has a wireless joey going on 7 months now, He has stated it's been trouble free, it's 95 feet from his Hopper.

I was messing with it Yesterday, It's not Slow like the S395 Joey.

Seemed fine to me.

Agree, and the WAP atleast uses its own private network.

A buddy of mine has a wireless joey going on 7 months now, He has stated it's been trouble free, it's 95 feet from his Hopper.

I was messing with it Yesterday, It's not Slow like the S395 Joey.

Seemed fine to me.

I just ordered one a week or two ago, I am still setting it up.... Been too busy to really get into it right now, but this thing is quite nice. The little bit I have gotten to play with it, it has been moved all across my house for various functions. My gf was able to cook while watching tv. I am gonna move t to my office and turn on some noise while I do some work.

Reactions: Troch77
Wired is almost always going to be more robust than wireless with anything you do.

I have attached wireless equipment on the Joey and it has worked excellent several hundred feet away in HD at my garage close by. You can get wireless equipment that hooks into the Ethernet port. It's a great solution if you have issues either the usb stick and don't want to to can't wire up another room in a house. It runs off your home network and not off the Internet itself.

I just installed a wireless Joey in my garage about 35 feet away from the adapter and so far its been great. The Joey shows a low signal rate, but the picture and sound have been fine nonetheless. Guide is quick and snappy. I bought mine independently and installed it myself.

I'm impressed with the wireless Joey.

Maybe it's a good thing that they are releasing the 4K as a Joey so that it can be places wireless somewhere. That would be a good test. Some of the new gear out there is supposed to be capable of some pretty awesome bandwidth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)