Wireless LNB/Reciever

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Star

Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
Québec
Can a wireless link be made (regardless of cost) between the LNB and a reciever?
What's going on inside the coax cable? Frequency? Voltage? Waveform?
Thanks___peter

Voltage going up to LNBF 13/17v And RF coming back down. I heard that one of the BIG DBS companies were developing this technology but seems its still a pipe dream for now!

I believe that is Directv that was going to develope this technology. One has to wonder how they would power them if it is going to be wireless. Solar panel with backup battery? With it being low voltage it would not take all that much to power it up though. I say that eventually they will have this available, sold as a premium at first. They would save a LOT of money on installation and it would make it so much easier as well if they can get the price down on this.

As a matter of fact they could make one dish work with several people in a neighborhood just like wi-fi does if they can get this wireless thing to work.

It is already being experimented with. It is called Ultra-Wideband (UWB) technology. It is already approved by the FCC for consumer use but it still has a few bugs. Intel, Belden and many other companies have worked together on this. Now all they have to do is put aside their egos and come up with a compatable format. Once the UWB is in play, don't be surprised if the 802.11n...or 802.11x takes over. Cables are quickly comming to pass. That is why Belden invested a lot of money and resources in UWB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts