Wireless phone jack with Tivo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jackson5

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
Hi

I am getting a Tivo and was planning on using one of the RCA type wireless phone jacks rather then running phone wire. I know I have read that these can be used for Tivo. However, when the install guys came today they told me the wireless phone jacks don't work with Tivo. Is this true, or was this guy wrong? I know I have read that they wok with Tivo in advertisements, but I also have to assume this guy knows what he is talking about. So, what is the scoop? Can you use them or not. Thanks alot.

they dont work "well" but get the ones that are rated for use with MODEMs and you will be fine. for less money though you can run a new line to your phone box.

Your install guy was correct...D* does not recommend these wireless units
for Digital connections(such as your Tivo), analog being OK. :)

moonman said:
Your install guy was correct...D* does not recommend these wireless units
for Digital connections(such as your Tivo), analog being OK. :)
I've been using a wireless jack with a DirecTivo for a year now with no problems.

jackson5 said:
Hi

I am getting a Tivo and was planning on using one of the RCA type wireless phone jacks rather then running phone wire. I know I have read that these can be used for Tivo. However, when the install guys came today they told me the wireless phone jacks don't work with Tivo. Is this true, or was this guy wrong? I know I have read that they wok with Tivo in advertisements, but I also have to assume this guy knows what he is talking about. So, what is the scoop? Can you use them or not. Thanks alot.

They work fine. I have my HD Tivo connected to it and have never missed a call in.

Thanks Guys

I'm going to go ahead and get one then. I've just had a real bad install experience and I need to get through that first. then I can figure out the phone line.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts