Wireless Remote Extender

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bsr2002

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
South Texas
I'm thinking about getting one. I have a HUMAX OTAHD Receiver in my bedroom and want to extend to the livingroom set. I need to know if:

Since I'm using the OTA signals from the HUMAX and Silver Sensor in the bedroom, do I still need the antenna hooked up on the livingroom set as well?
Or will the extender take care of that?

A wireless remote sender will only allow you to use the remote without line of sight to the IR sensor.

You still need to send your video and audio to the 2nd set with either a cable or a wireless video sender.

Eddie

If you can find a device that converts the IR into a UHF universal remote it could be possible. I once setup a 4DTV like this with the video and audio sent through RG6 coax as RF for channel 3 or 4 (NTSC TV).

roashru said:
If you can find a device that converts the IR into a UHF universal remote it could be possible. I once setup a 4DTV like this with the video and audio sent through RG6 coax as RF for channel 3 or 4 (NTSC TV).

WOW!!! Sounds like an IDEA :D Thanx :)

I did a quick search "One For All" URC 9910 UHF remote with transmitter box should do that kind of converting its good for up to 100 feet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)