Wireless satellite dish.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
This is an idea I came up with today.

Instead of the signal of the satellite dish being wired to every receiver....the satellite dish is powered with 21 volts (like SWM).

The power would not be from a receiver, but an power adapter.

The lnb receives the satellite signal, and converts it into a microwave signal. The microwave antenna would be on top of the dish.

The microwave signal could be sent to any satellite receiver in the house ELIMINATING the need for wiring each satellite receiver.

But why stop there. A powerful enough microwave antenna could be used to provide Directv or Dishnetwork to a small neighborhood, can you imagine the ease this would bring to installers?

It does not sound all that practical to me---especially ina neighborhood with several dishes.

That is a thought I could just leave a bag of popcorn on the roof and watch it pop. It would certainly amuse the neighbor kids.

I think this is a great idea if it was a low power mirowave signal to only one dish. You can get around the rules that said you can't drill holes through walls.

Dan Rose

I think this is a great idea if it was a low power mirowave signal to only one dish. You can get around the rules that said you can't drill holes through walls.

Dan Rose

One of the reasons SWM was invented was so existing cable wiring can be used thus not needing to drill.

Dan Rose

The idea is great but it might be impractical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)