Wireless setup button missing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Catfree

Original poster
Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
Hi

I need to change the Wi-Fi network that my Hopper is connected to but the wireless set up button isn’t showing?????

I’ve reset Hopper (using reset button) and still nothing

Pretty sure setup button should be here but it’s not

Attachments

• 878D8005-71C0-4DFE-A06C-B6326E5431BC.jpeg
    878D8005-71C0-4DFE-A06C-B6326E5431BC.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 96
Pretty sure setup button should be here but it’s not
Is this a Hopper2000 (original Hopper) or a Hopper /w Sling?

If it’s the 2000, the WiFi adapter will be external, look for a USB dongle protruding out of the back, try unplugging it and pluging it back on another port like the one on the front.

If it’s a HWS, then the WiFi adapter is internal, you can try to pull the power cord for a few minutes then plug it back in but if that doesn’t work then your WiFi chip most likely failed and you will need to contact Dish for a replacement Hopper.

Is this a Hopper2000 (original Hopper) or a Hopper /w Sling?

If it’s the 2000, the WiFi adapter will be external, look for a USB dongle protruding out of the back, try unplugging it and pluging it back on another port like the one on the front.

If it’s a HWS, then the WiFi adapter is internal, you can try to pull the power cord for a few minutes then plug it back in but if that doesn’t work then your WiFi chip most likely failed and you will need to contact Dish for a replacement Hopper.
Thanks but it was connected and working on a Wi-Fi connection…we are simply changing it over to another network…so I’d assume the adapter is still working.

Thanks but it was connected and working on a Wi-Fi connection…we are simply changing it over to another network…so I’d assume the adapter is still working.
Please read my message again, I am not asking if you have a adapter or not, that much is obvious since you had it connected to WIFI in the past.

What I'm trying to help you with is figuring out why your Hopper does no longer detect said adapter, because what you are seeing with the wireless setup option being missing is just that, either a defective or missing WIFI card. So again, please follow the steps in my initial message and let us know what model Hopper you have so we can try to help further.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts