Wireless TV Transmitter

boomerang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 21, 2003
Michigan
My mother has purchased a condo in which the basement is fully finished, including drywalled ceilings, making running the additional needed coax outlets nearly impossible.

I see that wireless TV transmitting can now be done, but I am coming up with very little information. There seems to be several manufacturers of the hardware, but I don't know who makes "good" stuff.

I'm certain that this is not the ideal way to do this, but she is 76 and does not watch that much TV.

There is an outlet in the basement with a TV attached through a digital cable (Charter) box. She needs a TV she can watch in the Living Room as stairs are difficult for her to use.

Any links or information appreciated.

I don't know much, but I would imagine you can just drill a whole through the ceiling of the basement. Is it right below the living room? That cable comes from somewhere outside, maybe the cable man can make anohter connection.

Does she watch cable, or only local TV?

boomerang said:
My mother has purchased a condo in which the basement is fully finished, including drywalled ceilings, making running the additional needed coax outlets nearly impossible.

I see that wireless TV transmitting can now be done, but I am coming up with very little information. There seems to be several manufacturers of the hardware, but I don't know who makes "good" stuff.

I'm certain that this is not the ideal way to do this, but she is 76 and does not watch that much TV.

There is an outlet in the basement with a TV attached through a digital cable (Charter) box. She needs a TV she can watch in the Living Room as stairs are difficult for her to use.

Any links or information appreciated.

I have bought & installed SEVERAL of these and MOST of them worked very good as long as there is NO interference....Here ya GO!!!!!!!!!! and a GOOD DEAL TOO

http://www.x10.com/products4/google/wireless_video_sender.html?89f4d713721dc043434c01f2

Copy & paste if the link won't work.... :D

The link is a good deal. The two biggest issues with these, is interference. This will come from 2.4 ghz phones, 2.4 ghz wireless network and microwave ovens. It won't matter what brand you buy, these will interfere. If mom doesn't use these items, you should be good to go.

Well, I'm almost afraid to try it. I've got them on 5.8GHz phones, but I've had to do wireless internet because of the basement situation and of course there is a microwave in the house.

Thanks for the links and advice! :)