wireless usb

07mod

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
Does anyone know if you can use a wireless usb adapter to network a 722 to a wireless router. I was told by dish that it would work in the front usb port but so far I can't make it work. Thought I would ask the smart people before I go back to tech support.

Nope, current dish software does not support USB networking devices. The only way to connect a dish receiver to a wireless network is using a Wireless to Ethernet bridge.

You can also use the built in HomePlug chip in the 622 to talk to a HomePlug adapter that you'd put at your router. You'd then just hook up the Adapter to the router with a ethernet cable.

for dish to be able to do usb networking, they would need about 100+ preloaded drivers on their receivers to be able to support all brands and models... Don't see that happening.

would this work? its only $30..

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Wireless-B-Game-Adapter-WGA11B/dp/B0002M4HXC]Amazon.com: Linksys Wireless-B Game Adapter WGA11B - Network adapter - Ethernet - 802.11b: Electronics[/ame]

it would work but it may bog down your entire network to wireless b speeds.

i am using a tmobile-branded linksys router, the WRT54G-TM, that has been reflashed to a third party firmware called DD-WRT. It can be set up as a wireless bridge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)