Wiring Issue

pioneer2

Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
My home is wired for cable. I have one cable line coming in on the east side of the house and one cable line coming in on the west side of the house that is presently not used.

These two lines run to a common area where the one goes through amplified splitters to the other rooms where the tvs are located.

Looking at 3 tvs total.

If a DP 21 splitter is used, Can the output of the DP 21 be split and sent to the other receivers ? Is there another way to achieve this ?

The lower level is completely finished so running additional wiring is out.

Thanks
Pioneer2

DP21 is a switch used to combine signals from two satellites to one receiver. Current Dish Network technology does not use splitters from the dishes to the receivers. They do make use of separators in order to feed dual tuner receivers.

My home is wired for cable. I have one cable line coming in on the east side of the house and one cable line coming in on the west side of the house that is presently not used.

These two lines run to a common area where the one goes through amplified splitters to the other rooms where the tvs are located.

Looking at 3 tvs total.

If a DP 21 splitter is used, Can the output of the DP 21 be split and sent to the other receivers ? Is there another way to achieve this ?

The lower level is completely finished so running additional wiring is out.

Thanks
Pioneer2
You must have "home runs" of cable from the dish to each receiver. No splitters. One cable ,one receiver.

This is why I loved having the option to wire my own house; I have 6 runs to the dish location. You can never have too much cable, but too little is a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)