Wiring out Invacom LNB L and C Outputs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Can the L and C outputs of a Invacom LNB be wired out to a sw21 switch at the Dish, and then to a DiseQC switch? Will a Satellite Receiver ie. ViewSat recognize BOTH L and C thru the sw21 as long as the Legacy Switch option in Antenna Settings is set for sw21? Or do you have to wire out Both L and C separately to the DiseQC switch? (I only have one downlead to the sat receiver).

Can the L and C outputs of a Invacom LNB be wired out to a sw21 switch at the Dish, and then to a DiseQC switch? Will a Satellite Receiver ie. ViewSat recognize BOTH L and C thru the sw21 as long as the Legacy Switch option in Antenna Settings is set for sw21? Or do you have to wire out Both L and C separately to the DiseQC switch? (I only have one downlead to the sat receiver).

wire both C & L to the diseqc. The Dish sw21 switch only works for Dish receivers and not FTA receivers.

Wiring out Invacom LNB L & C outputs

wire both C & L to the diseqc. The Dish sw21 switch only works for Dish receivers and not FTA receivers.

Thanks for the reply. The SW-21 Switch I purchased at the local Winnipeg Dealer was a Microyal SW-21 switch, (not a Dish unit). Would this make any difference?

Wiring out Invacom L & C Outputs

still wont work. a 22k switch will work or a diseqc switch

Can I ask just one more (dumb) question. I am trying to save having to run another 40 foot coax to other side of the roof where my downlead into the basement is. I recently picked up 2 Chieta 1.5 dB switches on ebay. Would disconnecting the SW-21 and putting in one Chieta DiseQC at the Fortec dish, then running it over to a second Chieta DiseQC to the downlead work? Or would this add too much loss?

Can I ask just one more (dumb) question. I am trying to save having to run another 40 foot coax to other side of the roof where my downlead into the basement is. I recently picked up 2 Chieta 1.5 dB switches on ebay. Would disconnecting the SW-21 and putting in one Chieta DiseQC at the Fortec dish, then running it over to a second Chieta DiseQC to the downlead work? Or would this add too much loss?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can chain Diseqc switches like that.

You could certainly run your L and C ports to a 22 kHz switch, and take that output and run it to a Diseqc further down the line.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can chain Diseqc switches like that.
easy answer-you are correct
little more advanced answer-there are some boxes that you can daisy chain switches but you need specific switches to do it

You could certainly run your L and C ports to a 22 kHz switch, and take that output and run it to a Diseqc further down the line.

yes that will work. That is how I can get 8 LNB's on the T90 dish to one box
22k switch on each of the 4 outputs

Status
Please reply by conversation.