Wiring question

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
I just installed a new Winegard HD 7084P antenna outside on top of a shed that is about 50 feet from my house. In order to avoid running new cables I was wondering if I could combine the signal with my Dish Network cable and split it inside the house? The antenna would have a powered preamp. How would that affect the voltage going to the Dish LNBF?

Thanks in advance. -LoTech

you can use a diplexer but you do lose some signal due to diplexing it

I assume it would be
antenna---preamp-----OTA diplexer-----------cable------------------------OTA part of diplexer-----amp
satellite----------------sat diplexer --------same cable as antenna is on---sat part of diplexer

I didn't see it in Ice's reply but your diplexers must pass voltage on both legs. I would recommend separate cables for TV and Satellite, yes it can be done but performance will be better.

Thanks guys. This info was very helpful. I decided to go with two single pass diplexers and an old distribution amp that I had back when I was in college. Old but still works. Since the antenna was going beside the shed, and it had electricity, it was no problem. Hooked it up between the antenna and diplexer, and away we go...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts