Wiring questions

adavis720

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Is there a resource somewhere to find answers to wiring questions? Like a diagram?

Here is my question -

I have seen people talking about using a switch to send the satellite signal as well as an antenna signal to the tv over the same line, then using a splitter?

What I would like to do (if possible) is send the satellite signal and my antenna output (which goes through a 4-way amplifier) over the same line. Then I would like to separate the signal, send the satellite signal to the DVR-625 and the antenna feed to my OTA STB.

This would get rid of the bunny ears on the TV the 625 is on, and save me from having to run a wire up the bedroom from the basement where both the 4-way antenna split as well as the satellite signal both come in.

Is this remotely possible, or am I dreaming?

What you have seen is not a splitter, its a diplexor. Think of it as a reverse splitter. It combines 2 signals into 1. You must always use them in pairs. You can combine SAT and OTA feeds into one cable this way, even to a dual tuner receiver with DPP technology. Connect the sat feed to the SAT port on the diplexor and the OTA feed into the VHF port on the diplexor. When its time to split use the same idea. SAT to receiver, etc.

Goddamn, I love how fast you folks are.

Thanks a million. :up

So - is there a specific model of Diplexor i need? (sorry for the incorrect terminology)

That looks nice, but I have already invested in the 4-way amp, it looks like the diplexors will cost me $5-$10 for the set. That seems like the more economical way to go.

Ordered the Diplexors.

Should I be concerned that antenna signal that I will be sending up the line is amplified?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)