Please reply by conversation.

Randy1

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 13, 2009
north cAROLINA
I have a Invacom LNB QPH-031 Quad Polar and a
SM21H 2-Way 22KHz Switch.

The lnb has L C L C

Am i correct in taking one wire from the L to the 22khz switch and take one wire from the c to the 22khz switch and then run one wire from the switch to the lnb port of dg280 motor?

With this particular switch, do I turn the 0/22 switch on in my antenna setup?

sorry if Im asking too many questions. In my instructions, it said to connect my L to my motor. If I did that, then would the switch need to be between motor and receiver instead of between motor and lnb?

The lnb has L C L C

Am i correct in taking one wire from the L to the 22khz switch and take one wire from the c to the 22khz switch and then run one wire from the switch to the lnb port of dg280 motor?
yep. I would put the L side into the 0k side

receiver-----------motor---------22k switch (0k side)---L side of LNB
-------------------------------------22k switch (22k side)--C side of LNB

in the above you would only turn the 22k on when you select a circular satellite (82, 91, 110, 119)

I have a Invacom LNB QPH-031 Quad Polar and a
SM21H 2-Way 22KHz Switch.

The lnb has L C L C

sorry if Im asking too many questions. In my instructions, it said to connect my L to my motor. If I did that, then would the switch need to be between motor and receiver instead of between motor and lnb?

Randy,

Just for the portion of your post that I highlighted, you should always install the switch in between the motor and the LNBF. The instructions you have are just a little lacking or vague, they are not wrong, but they are not addressing the fact that you might have a dual polarity LNBF and a switch (the instructions are suggesting that you have a single output linear LNBF and no switches).

You are going above and beyond that, so you need to assume a few responsibilities to take their basic instructions and apply them to your personal system. No joke, but if the mfg provided a manual to cover every scenario, you would pay more for the doggone manual than for the equipment itself.

In your case, the L and the C ports of the LNBF would go to the switch, and the output of the switch to the motor and then the output of the motor to the receiver.

Depening on your receiver and the type of switches that you are using, you can modify this. I don't recommend it, but there are other avenues for the layout.

Personally, I have the switch (DiSEqC 4X1) between the motor and the receiver, rather than between the motor and the LNBF. I was told that this could not be done, but, being me, I tried it anyway. It works. Sometimes a little quirky, but it is functional. I did this to save on cable. I have several fixed point dishes involved here, so when I got the motor I didn't want to rewire the whole darn thing, so I just tried hooking the motor up to my switch array to try it. Altough I was told not to do this, I found that it works and it has been working for 3 years this way.

However, like I mentioned, this is not recommended. I have proven that it works, but that is just one instance and probably an exceptional case.

Follow the recommended procedures first, if you get bored after that, then you can try some fancy stuff on your free time later. It's a lot of fun! I don't watch TV that much, but I do experiement and test or "play" all the time. At least as often as I can.

This hobby is an addiction and I don't think that many of us really watch TV, we are too busy digging for information to get just one more channel. Are we going to watch it? NO! I don't even know what the channel is, but I got it!!! Ha Ha. I am sure that most members here identify with this.

Don't get me wrong, I like a good show or movie once in a while. I don't want to sound hypocritcal. I just find it more interesting and fun (and educational) talking to you guys and ladies about the technology. I guess I am hooked!

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts