Wiring ??

socalpanman

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 12, 2005
San Rafael CA
I'm reworking my RG6 lines over the next few days and need some advice.
I'm preparing for a Dish install: Superdish, 61.5 dish and OTA all going to an 811 and 942.
Currently there is a drop of two of RG6 and two CAT 5 behind each wall.
Everything is a home-run to one junction spot which is about 50' from the sats and 50' to the tvs.

How many cables will I need to run back to the outside of house to hook up all the dishes and antenna leads?
How many lines to the 942- 2sat feeds and 1 distinct OTA or is there a way to do it with just 2 RG6 and a diplexer or even with one cable and triplexer?
I plan to use another RG6 to connect the 942 to TV-2. Right or wrong?

Of course the plan is to minimize the cables and connectors especially those coming out of the wall or behind the TV.

I've learned I find the best advice here.
Thanks.

You'll need two lines from the Dish 500 (110/119) to the switch, and one line from the 61.5 LNB to the switch. Using a DPP44 switch, you'll just need one line from there to each receiver. Use a DPP Separator to split the 942 line for the two tuners at the box. The DPP44 can be mounted inside or outside, your preference (your junction panel might be a good place, because the DPP44 needs a power inserter).

The OTA antenna coax can come to the junction panel, and you can split the signal with a common splitter (if you're using a passive antenna) to get one OTA line to each receiver. Or, you should be able to diplex with the 811. I'm not sure about the 942 because of the separator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts