Wiring

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deaner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 9, 2007
Wiggins, MS
Ihave a 10 foot Superior dish with General Instrument 450i, Fortec Star Mercuryll . I have the two wires from the general instrument to tie on to the two wires on the actuator arm. There are two wires in this actuator housing that will go to the voltage connection on the horn. I have the rj6 from the dish horn to the General Instrument then to the Fortec Star Mercury ll. Will this let me use the Mercury ll to scan and locate since the actuator is tied off of the General Instrument receiver? I feel that something is not correct for this operation. I am slow but I will fisih soon I hope. Tell me what you would recommend and if I need I will go back in the hot attic and pull new wires or whatever.

Get some colored electric tape from radio shack or a hardware store... it does come in different colors other than black... use that to mark the different coax cables so you can tell which is which... do that near the lnb, near the wires going in to reciever or tv or computer or whatever.. alternate would be a wax pencil, usually called a "china pencil" at most office supply stores... those pencils are meant to be used on glass and stuff, and wipe off easily... but since they are wax, they should work for marking different colors on your coax wires, and since they are wax, they should resist water up to a point... those pencils come in black, green, yellow, red, and white... I've seen red, yellow, green, and black electrical tape... this color coding of which wire goes where will help you keep everything organized and less confused about which wire goes to what when you go to grab one of the 6 coax wires or however many you have in your setup going all to one place...

What would you recommend I do to get other stations besides the analog? I do have a new c&ku band lnbf-geo sat pro ck1. Give me ideas-please.

Not sure what you are asking... The Fortec will receive the digital DVB signals, and the analog receiver behind it will receive analog. Since you have a BUD (Big Useful Dish, a dish 6 feet or larger in diameter), you'll be able to get C band (both digital and analog)...

You'll have to use the analog receiver to drive the dish and change polarity, or use a VBox II to convert the DiSEqC motor commands from the Fortec to voltages usable by your actuator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts