Wisconsin HD Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishnet520

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I live in Fond du Lac, WI (54935) and currently receive D* SD Green Bay Local channels. Is it possible to some how switch to the Milwaukee local package and then I will also receive the HD feeds? Packers football is right around the corner and I would love to see them in HD! Thanks guys.

dishnet520 said:
I live in Fond du Lac, WI (54935) and currently receive D* SD Green Bay Local channels. Is it possible to some how switch to the Milwaukee local package and then I will also receive the HD feeds? Packers football is right around the corner and I would love to see them in HD! Thanks guys.

Call D* and ask if they offer Fox in HD for LiL in Mil. If they do you might be close enough to switch, legally, and get it, otherwise do the address change.... I see GB will be added in October otherwise, though I wonder if WLUK will send their signal in HD over D* as I don't think they do with Time Warner now in the GB/Appleton Market.

D* has Fox 6 in Milwaukee in HD as well as 12(ABC) and 4(NBC) in HD. I will be giving them a call to see if they will switch me over to the Milwaukee HD channels. I will update after I talk to D*.

Called 3 times and received the normal run around about how I am in a zip code where HD locals are not available until October at the earliest. I asked if I could change all my SD Green Bay programming to Milwaukee - ( I live 60 miles from G.B. and 60 miles from Milw.) they said this was not possible as the computer determines by zip. She did however tell me I could receive CBSE HD from New York today and could put in for waivers for NBC, FOX, & ABC New York Feeds. This really doesn't help me on receiving Packers games in HD though. Guess I just wait until October -- or whenever they decide to get HD locals from Green Bay. I am not even sure Fox 11 will be HD on D* when they launch.

Dishnet...I called wluk in GB, as my parents were thinking about an HD set and live just S. of GB, and here is the scoop. TW still does not carry the HD siganl and they have had no recent contact with them re: adding it so TW is out. They are broadcasting their HD signal , from Scarys hill, at full power now and the IT guy said people from Fond du Lac have picked up their signal with a moderate outdoor antenna. He said D* will carry the HD signal according to him when they go HDLiL in Oct. gl

How do I "move" to Milwaukee. Do I just call and leave my billing address as it is and tell them the Dish is elsewhere? Also, anybody know what this B Band Converter (SUP-2400) Module is for? I found it in the H20 box when I was cleaning. The installer obiviously didn't hook it up. Thanks guys!

I called D* today to "move" to Milwaukee. I told them to leave my billing address the same and change my service address. She did it with no problems at all. Now I will receive the Packers games on FOX in HD. Milwaukee CBS 58 is not currently available on D*, so then maybe the game on 11/19 against the Patriots and the game 12/3 against the Jets will be on CBS Ch. 80 from New York. I'll have to wait and see, but am just happy to have locals in HD.

Sorry this isn't helpful, but: GO PACK GO! Glad you got it worked out man, I sure miss Milwaukee and if wife would let me I wuold like to "move" at least my tv channels there. DTV wasnt suspicious of that at all? What did you tell them?

All I did was call customer service and say I have an Apartment in Milwaukee for work and want my D* service to be there, but to keep sending the billing statements to my wife. I do have another problem though, I think. When the HR20 becomes available to us in Wisconsin, I was plaaning on getting one. From what I have heard is that an installer comes out to hook it up. Now if my service address is different from where I actually live, how do I get it installed? It would be nice if they would just send it out and I pay shipping, because I have all the wiring in place and could just swap it out with my H20. I will have to wait and see what happens when I order it. If anybody has any insiders on something like this situation, please let me know. Thanks

I ordered a HR20 last night through D* and just said that I need it installed back at my original billing address. He said ok and now I have the Green Bay SD locals back until after my install date of 9/20 for the HR20. I hope I can get back to the Milwaukee locals just as easy or else they better step it up on the Green Bay HD feeds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)