WJLA in DC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
My digital signal from WJLA seems to drop suddenly from a siganl strength of 72 to 49. I believe that it is colacated with WUSA's digital transmitter and that one is rock solid. Am I alone in seeing this?

I didn't pay attention to the signal level, but I did experience a few audio glitches and buzzing from time to time around the time you posted (hadn't heard that on my 622 in ages). But for the most part it came in well at 55+ out.

Just checked my signal levels: watching football 81 from WRC-DT, steady 84 from WJLA-DT, but only mid-70s from WUSA-DT. Noticed that WUSA-DT dropped down to 62 and lost the picture for a monent. WRC and WJLA seem to be stead. Yes, it is my understanding they are co-located. And whatever problem you noticed earlier seemed to move over to WUSA.

You can get multi-path from one co-located channel and not the other because they are different frequencies. Sounds like the problem is multi-path.

My problem with WJLA-DT was brief. The only thing I can add is what I have observed over the years from my location: WUSA-DT seems to be a few points higher during the warm weather months, while WJLA-DT seems to be a few points higher during the cold weather months. I receive a very strong signal and signal from both stations and rarely have a problem with either one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts