WMEU Channel 48 in HD from chicago

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
there is a channel called WMEU channel 48 out of Chicago in HD and they are owned by Weigel broadcasting who owns WCIU,METV,METOO,The U Too BounceTV.the channel I am talking about is The U Too and they broadcast in HD in 720p and they broadcast some great programming similar to WCIU The U channel 26 that we get here in HD is there a way can get the channel in HD.Weigel Broadcasting is willing to offer the channel for free to dish network according to their website.you can check it on rabbitears also here is their schedule if you would like to have this channel and I would please contact DIRT or dish network.
http://www.wciu.com/...hedule_utoo.pdf

http://www.wciu.com/...hp?station=utoo

WCIU-DT 26.2/48.1HD

I sure appreciate it very much.

this is what weigel broadcasting said on their website

We want to have The U Too on both satellite services as much as you do! We have asked both Dish Network and DIRECTV to carry The U Too, and have offered it to them at no charge. Perhaps hearing from you, their customers will make a difference.
Please click on the appropriate link below to contact your satellite provider and request "carriage of station WMEU (the station call letters) from Chicago" in your message. Thank you

Thanks

Allen bluegrass Culver
Streator,Illinois

WCIU-DT 26.2 / 48.1 HD • XFINITY 248, 360
RCN 35 • WOW 170

Last edited:
is the spotbeam really full do they have room for more locals or HD channels.just wondering :)

how do we see this being happening I would like this channel added to our lineup.

Can't they request must carry status and all they would need to do is provide a signal to both directv and dish

It's a low-powered digital station, so it does NOT qualify for MC...although I realize bluegras doesn't give a sh*t about those little "details"...you know, like if a station/channel actually IS broadcast in HD, etc. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p

Honestly his posts serve NO purpose whatsoever, other than to be annoying...but I guess we should be thankful it's about the ONLY things he posts about (make E* add channel xx in HD)

Last edited:
well I am just passionate at getting this channel added to our lineup in hd at least I don't ask for every channel to be in hd in which I think should happen in the future.

no its not a threat?i wish we had all of our locals in hd that is all.

Yeah, you do! ;)

SO true...and as pointed out, ones that are NOT even broadcasting in HD themselves!

now we need WJYS channel 62 to go hd this we be the last station to go hd out of chicago since we got our ion in hd today

It won't be happening any time soon, as WJYS doesn't broadcast in HD... (3 channels of SD)

http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?request=station_search&callsign=wjys#station

J

Seriously blue, you know they DO make drugs for your "issues"... :rolleyes:

well I am sorry I just would like to see all my locals in hd oh by the way I am on meds all ready :)

Leave him alone. And the thread will disapeer to the bottom of the list

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

no its not a threat?i wish we had all of our locals in hd that is all.

USE AN ANTENNA......that solves the problem
I've been wanting Directv to add the one remaining station here in Minneapolis (KSTC45) in HD for 3 years...not because of the crappy reruns it shows. But because it has the high school tourney finals. I ended up using an antenna and it works GREAT!

problem is I live about 100 miles southwest of Chicago and I will not be able to pick up WMEU channel 48 in hd.i would like to have this channel and I will be happy.

and what good will that do? again its LOW POWERED and therefore does NOT NOT NOT qualify for must carry

They can ask and if the provider says NO then they're screwed..I'm sure they have asked

thank you for the suggestion i have never heard of aereo before?maybe one of these days we could see this channel if they become full power tv station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts