WNIT 34

Added PBS Kids network on 34.3, 1080i, 16x9. Channel 34.4 is Kids in 480i, 16x9.
I can't get my head around why they would do such a thing. You have to be able to receive the HD channel to have any hope of receivning the SD channel. Maybe they're cowing to parents that don't want HD space being taken up on their DVRs. It is all pretty thin with two 1080i channels.

Thanks. I had heard something about it right when it launched, but was hoping the simulcast was temporary as a part of testing. If you're still seeing it now, then I doubt that's the case.

Agreed with harshness; really dumb policy. If they don't want the HD space taken up with kids programming, they should not air kids programming in HD on a subchannel.

- Trip

You know my local KNME-DT show PBS kids in 480! WS.:) Which is a good thing since they don't eat up the digital bitrate bandwidth on main ch. PBS HD programming.

If the parents really want PBS Kids in HD they should go to FTA KU satellite and tune in at 125W*!:)

Other wise wait till we get ASTC 3.0 new TV system in a year or two at the most.:rolleyes:

Other wise wait till we get ASTC 3.0 new TV system in a year or two at the most.:rolleyes:
If we can't reasonably obtain a working tuner, it doesn't matter how soon the broadcasters put out Next Gen TV signals.

I was in a Next Gen TV test market (Portland, Oregon -- I'm given to believe that they were testing SFN) and the test failed miserably (repeated transmitter failures) so I'm probably bitter.