WOAI HD San Antonio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

txwildcat

Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
It has been months since I have heard any updates on Dish and Woai San Antonio HD.

Any news on this negotiations?

This issue still has not been resolved and is forcing me to drop DISH network. NBC just looks terrible on DISH.

Yeah. NBC does look like sh&t. My understanding is that WOAI and DISH have some issues. I just changed to KENS 5. It would be nice to see the Sunday night games in HD though.

torp

The only silver lining is that Dish has started to come to agreement with a number of companies that they were at odds with. Unfortunately, no news on a Newport (parent company of WAOI) and Dish.

About a month ago I got a email from a VP at Newport saying their lawyers were talking to DISH and he hoped an agreement would be reached soon. That is the last info I got.

I have dish, and live on the NE part of town (1604 and Judson). Just buy a Terk indoor antenna and hook it up to the dish receiver. Do a scan and it will add WOAI to your channel linup as 004-01 and 004-02 (for the weather). You get the full guide and can record and view just like any other channel. I just pointed it so that I get 99% reception for WOAI. It works great and I get WOAI HD .

I have dish, and live on the NE part of town (1604 and Judson). Just buy a Terk indoor antenna and hook it up to the dish receiver. Do a scan and it will add WOAI to your channel linup as 004-01 and 004-02 (for the weather). You get the full guide and can record and view just like any other channel. I just pointed it so that I get 99% reception for WOAI. It works great and I get WOAI HD .

Some people dont have that option or do not like it. I have a TERK for the same purpose and I only get a signal of 65-70. I live out in Timberwood Park near Bulverde. There is no good reason DISH and Newport can come to an agreement.

I too live out near bulverde. I currently get the station OTA at 100%, which is great. But, I don't get the OTA in the bedroom. I really want the option to watch NBC in high def in the other room.

if there is any indication that this will actually happen soon, I am more than excited. My contract with dish just finished and I am seriously contemplating going to d* because it seems like that have the stuff more together lately.

we shall see.

I too live out near bulverde. I currently get the station OTA at 100%, which is great. But, I don't get the OTA in the bedroom. I really want the option to watch NBC in high def in the other room.

if there is any indication that this will actually happen soon, I am more than excited. My contract with dish just finished and I am seriously contemplating going to d* because it seems like that have the stuff more together lately.

we shall see.

Who knows if and when it will happen. I have thought about switching but I love the DISH DVR's and have gotten used to having WOAI HD OTA. I also dont have any other reason to switch right now except for the WOAI issue. It also would be real expensive to switch since I have 2 622's and a 211. What antenna do you use to get 100% reception out near Bulverde?

Terk HDTVa Amplified Directional Indoor HDTV Antenna by Office Depot

I emailed the engineers with OAI tonight to see if they will give feed back. I doubt they will, but have had luck in the past with other engineers from other stations.

The antenna works great. I used to have everything at 98 or better. KSAT recently went to mid 80s and nothing has changed. However, it still works fine. All other locals (meaning fox, nbc, and kens) are at 100.

I don't want to leave them either. In laws have direct and I really don't like their set up. It just seems clunky to me. I would like to have the NFL ticket, but that is the only thing from them Ilong for. Well, that and oai.

how do you have three boxes? I am currently trying to figure out how to do that.

I even started a thread on another board about it.

I remember when I first signed up you helped me out a whole bunch - in the olden days I guess it was.

Thanks for that. And thanks for any insight on gettng three boxes.

If you have time, maybe you can read the thread on the other board and let me know your thoughts on how I can accomplish what I am looking for.

also - wasn't clear channel the owner of WOAI until very recently? Werent they the ones holding all of this up originally?

Yes, Clear Channel owned WOAI and then was sold to Newport. I have the same antenna but I dont get better than about 70 on WOAI. I have tried positioning every which way. I am down in a valley a bit so maybe that is it. As long as my signal stays at about 58 or better I am ok. Good luck with getting the 5th tuner hope the info I sent you helps.

Well I have "moved" from Laredo to San Antonio. So OTA is not an option for me. What happens in Feb '09 when there is no analog signal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)