wobbly pole

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Need some help to fix a wobbly satellite pole without digging it up any ideas to help make it stable?

Guy it. Get some steel cable, clamps, turn buckles, and stakes.

Are you talking about the pole you have 3 dishes attached too? Perhaps wait till a 3 day weekend and no apartment staff is around and put in a 9 gauge pole :)

Seriously Dan I would do it right. I thought you are allowed the one pole, so what is the issue? Take the dishes off and properly re-plant the pole with concrete. If the pole is too short to get proper depth, or a crappy pole, now is the time to upgrade it to a decent pole. It will be way worth it in the long run! :)

I went back to a one dish setup went overboard using the new lnbf its very nice works great.

When I was looking to fix a corner fence post without cement, I found a You Tube video that showed how to do it. However, this (in my opinion) would be temporary and not necessarily practical.

I realized the effort is basically the same so I decided that cement was the best way to go.....

More cement. This is a problem I’ve had for years with my stuff. Recently I dug up an old pole, put a new one in and put two sacks of cement in. I put it twice as deep as the first one that was always loose.
It was still loose because I didn’t put a rod through the pole. So yeah, drill a hole in the part that goes in the ground, put a metal rod through it and lots of cement. I ended up putting three sacks of cement on it and now it’s not going anywhere. On the others I have to run a sprinkler on a timer so the ground doesn’t dry out.

I just mounted a dish in my yard this week. I dug a hole about 2' deep and 1.5' in diameter, and I poured some ready mix concrete in the hole. The pole is not moving at the base, but the pole does deflect a little bit if I apply a force at the top where the dish is at. It's a 1 5/8" outer diameter galvanized fence post that sticks about 3.5' above grade. I am considering pouring concrete inside the pole to minimize the deflection of the pole.

The pole should be fine for a 90cm just as it is, unless you have extreme wind conditions or are mounting a motor. The pole OD should be 2-2 5/8" for motorized 90cm.

Compacted concrete inside the pole will add rigidity.

Need some help to fix a wobbly satellite pole without digging it up any ideas to help make it stable?

I am more than happy to help you with this today! Did DISH perform the install? Was the pole mounted with cement around it or just the dirt? Please PM me with the phone and 4 digit PIN if you want a technician to come out.

Thanks

I appreciate it mike you can say the install was good it has been in the ground since 2004. The pole was put in the ground and concrete was put around it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts