Wondering if it is possible to get 119W or 110W with 18" dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just one at a time. I wanted to see if the receiver I found would get any channels on either sat. It does get a few on 101. Thanks
Ah, okay. I misunderstood your question. There isn't much on 110, only programming for Puerto Rico IIRC, and 119 only has local channels. You would only be able to get ones for your area if there are even any there.

Ah, okay. I misunderstood your question. There isn't much on 110, only programming for Puerto Rico IIRC, and 119 only has local channels. You would only be able to get ones for your area if there are even any there.
There is nothing on 110 and 119 has just a very very very few locals in SD like you said. PR is treated like its own DMA now and everything that goes to there is spotbeamed in from 101/103/99. You will not get anything for PR unless you are in FL, PR, VI or the Caribbean, and then it requires a completely different subscription. All of the Spanish programming is on 103 now, in MPEG4 SD, none of that is on 119. I don't think a round dish can get anything that is MPEG4? Not sure. I am not sure which satellite the HD Spanish channels are on, I don't remember, but it's not 119. All of the international programming that was on 95 is now on the 3LNB satellites, too.

Looking for 110 and 119 is a waste of time! And 95, too! They only really use 99/101/103. Any programming subscription requires the same installation. Everyone with a HD receiver has been able to see all of the channels Directv has to offer for a while now on their "all channels" guide, even if they don't subscribe. All of the international channels in the 2000s are visible, 400s for Spanish, etc with all installations.

110 and 95 have been decommission by Directv, those locations will never be used for Directv again. 119 is MPEG2 SD locals for a couple dozen markets only, if you don't live in one of those markets you will not receive anything (other than maybe a 119 test channel) and they would be duplicates of the HD locals you have.

So what you're trying to do is pointless, unless it is purely for hobbyist type goals.

110 and 95 have been decommission by Directv, those locations will never be used for Directv again. 119 is MPEG2 SD locals for a couple dozen markets only, if you don't live in one of those markets you will not receive anything (other than maybe a 119 test channel) and they would be duplicates of the HD locals you have.

So what you're trying to do is pointless, unless it is purely for hobbyist type goals.
Correct. I don't even know if he could do it for hobby cuz there is no way to confirm is there? I still have a 5LNB dish because I have the Directv Deportes pack and I had my installation a long time ago. The only hint of 119 is channel 9513 "Satellite test channel 119 odd" and 9514 "...119 even." I do not have 119 SD locals.

Edit: Upon further review, that might just be a ghost entry, as I can also see 9503 "satellite test channel 95 horiz" after a blank channel 9503. I do not and never had 95. Is one 9503 MPEG4? It is Wednesday, afterall, time to go explore the new chart anyway. Very interesting.

I believe an old 18" dish will work fine for 110 or 119 if there is any programming still there. If you think about the old phase III dish that got 101, 110 and 119, it was just a stretched out 18" dish that was probably compromised some and it worked fine.

I believe an old 18" dish will work fine for 110 or 119 if there is any programming still there. If you think about the old phase III dish that got 101, 110 and 119, it was just a stretched out 18" dish that was probably compromised some and it worked fine.
Right, it WOULD work just fine, but there is nothing there to look for anymore, just a few spotbeamed SD MPEG2 locals on 119.

If he wanted to look for the stuff that USED to be on 119, I am not sure that a round dish would work because that stuff is all MPEG4 now, either MPEG4 SD on 103, and some of them are HD, too. The stuff that USED to be on 110 is spotbeamed to PR/VI on 99/101/103 and really can't be seen out of that region, maybe in Florida. So looking for the programming is a moot point.

Right, it WOULD work just fine, but there is nothing there to look for anymore, just a few spotbeamed SD MPEG2 locals on 119.

If he wanted to look for the stuff that USED to be on 119, I am not sure that a round dish would work because that stuff is all MPEG4 now, either MPEG4 SD on 103, and some of them are HD, too. The stuff that USED to be on 110 is spotbeamed to PR/VI on 99/101/103 and really can't be seen out of that region, maybe in Florida. So looking for the programming is a moot point.

Actually the remaining locals on 119 are all national beam, there are no longer any spotbeams from 119 since they retired D7S and replaced it with D8 (which is not capable of spot beams)

But while everyone should see 95-100 from 119 on all 11 transponders, unless your service address is in one of the markets still carried on 119 you won't be able to view any channels except the 119 test channels.

I suppose if someone REALLY cared about receiving locals from one of those markets and they don't live in it, they could "move" to a service address in that market and receive that market's locals in glorious MPEG2 SD. They would lose the HD locals in the market they lived in by doing so, of course, so unless they have an antenna and AM21/LCC it doesn't seem likely anyone would do this.

Additionally, given that Directv extended the license of D9S for only two years, they will have to drop some or all of the MPEG2 SD locals carried on 101. That means more DMAs going away, and if they drop all the MPEG2 SD DMAs on 101, I can't see them keeping any around on 119. Maybe they will finally drop MPEG2 SD entirely by the time D9S is retired at or before Dec. 2023.

Reactions: Jimbo and ejb1980
Well I am going to call this a bust.
I think I was able to get 119 and the receiver said I was receiving it using the signal meter BUT from what I can tell the receiver is not setup to receive just 119W.
Will start looking around for a SWM5 LNB for my slimline dish but no rush and don't plan to spend much since from what I read it will not buy me much.
Thanks for the help.
Happy new year.

Well I am going to call this a bust.
I think I was able to get 119 and the receiver said I was receiving it using the signal meter BUT from what I can tell the receiver is not setup to receive just 119W.
Will start looking around for a SWM5 LNB for my slimline dish but no rush and don't plan to spend much since from what I read it will not buy me much.
Thanks for the help.
Happy new year.
What are you hoping to get from 119?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)