Wondering if this would work with a Superdish to add 6.15

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Southernguy

Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Southeast Tennessee
Wondering if this would work with a Superdish to add 61.5

I have an installed superdish (105) with DP34 switch that I do not want to move or mess with to much and I am wanting to add another dish to pick up 61.5 so I can subscribe to Trace Tv. It will be a while before I can get a DP21 and a single DP LNB. Here is my problem and I wonder if this would work, I have a spare DP 500 dish with two outputs on the LNB (One Head two eyes). At this time I don't have locals so I have no use for the 105 LNB on the superdish. On the DP34 switch can I disconnect the 105 cable and point my old DP 500 dish at 61.5 and run just one cable from DP 500 into the DP34 switch. Since the DP 500 will only be picking up one bird I wonder if this would work. Hope you guys can help. :confused:

Attachments

• DP500a.JPG
    DP500a.JPG
    301.1 KB · Views: 200
  • superdisha.JPG
    superdisha.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 194
Southernguy said:
I have an installed superdish (105) with DP34 switch that I do not want to move or mess with to much and I am wanting to add another dish to pick up 61.5 so I can subscribe to Trace Tv. It will be a while before I can get a DP21 and a single DP LNB. Here is my problem and I wonder if this would work, I have a spare DP 500 dish with two outputs on the LNB (One Head two eyes). At this time I don't have locals so I have no use for the 105 LNB on the superdish. On the DP34 switch can I disconnect the 105 cable and point my old DP 500 dish at 61.5 and run just one cable from DP 500 into the DP34 switch. Since the DP 500 will only be picking up one bird I wonder if this would work. Hope you guys can help. :confused:

Yes, you can disconnect 105 and then connect the feed from 61.5. I don't think it's a problem to only connect one cable from the DISH500.

Yes that will work just fine, I have used a dish 500 for 61.5 several times and also have used it with a dp34, with no probs

Southernguy said:
I have a spare DP 500 dish with two outputs on the LNB (One Head two eyes).
Close, that's a Dish 500 with a DP Twin. Nice pictures! The dish itself is not DishPro as there are several different legacy and DP LNB configurations that can be used with it.

There is some more information on using a DP Twin for 61.5 near the bottom of the Adding 61.5 article.

Worked Just Fine!!

Just got done installing my Dish for 61.5. This is a great fix for 61.5 untill I get my DP21 switch to add to the DP34. I went ahead and took the DP twin LNB off the 500 dish and hooked it up to a old 300 dish. The signal levels from the 500 were very low plus being that close the house and messing with the skew might of made things worse so a 300 was easier for me to deal with.
Anyway thinks guys. I included some pictures. :)

Attachments

• DSCF0233.JPG
    DSCF0233.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCF0234.JPG
    DSCF0234.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCF0235.JPG
    DSCF0235.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 192
  • Dtestscreen.JPG
    Dtestscreen.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 193
Thanks for sharing that. I was unaware that could be done with a DP Twin. I thought that only a DP Dual would work.

This week I will be trying to add a 61.5 and a 105 Superdish with a DP21 to get a 4 sat location.

The problem with using a DPTwin for the 61.5 is that if you need to split it, it may not work properly. Also, you cannot use a DPSingle with a dual tuner by itself with a splitter because it won't see the Single on 1 tuner. Probably why they came out with the dual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)