Wondering what to do with my ancient 4DTV C/KU-Band system.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

John Matthews

Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Troy, MI
Hi folks, I just signed up. What prompted me doing so is that I am looking for info. I have had a 6' C/KU-Band dish since 1995. I have a 4DTV receiver. Now I haven't even had this thing plugged in for several years now and it has forgotten its sky map completely. In fact I don't even think the dish is moving when I try to tune in a satellite. Maybe a bad connection. I know next to nothing about servicing this thing. Am I a dinosaur for even still having this thing? Is there still enough wild feed programming to make it worthwhile? Is it still worth trying to make it operable again? How do I go about it? Sorry but I'm just full of questions. It seems I may have an antique here, especially now that HDTV is here. 4DTV was digital but not HD. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for me? I wasn't sure which area of the forums to post this so I started here. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the site! :) I moved your post here. You will get answers here. ;)

You can still sign up for some 4D programming on one single C-band satellite, if you haven't lost the battery in your receiver.
Six foot will get ya by.
No 4D on Ku any more.

As you get up to speed here on the forum, you'll learn about all the free programming on so many modern sats. :)
If you ignore the limited 4D, you'll need a more modern receiver.
When you are ready, we can recommend some at a fraction of what you paid for your antique. ;)

Hi folks, I just signed up. What prompted me doing so is that I am looking for info. I have had a 6' C/KU-Band dish since 1995. I have a 4DTV receiver. Now I haven't even had this thing plugged in for several years now and it has forgotten its sky map completely. In fact I don't even think the dish is moving when I try to tune in a satellite. Maybe a bad connection. I know next to nothing about servicing this thing. Am I a dinosaur for even still having this thing? Is there still enough wild feed programming to make it worthwhile? Is it still worth trying to make it operable again? How do I go about it? Sorry but I'm just full of questions. It seems I may have an antique here, especially now that HDTV is here. 4DTV was digital but not HD. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for me? I wasn't sure which area of the forums to post this so I started here. Thanks in advance.
If it's lost it's settings it's quite likely the battery has died and the UID is lost,meaning you could no longer subscribe to programming.To check the number,press Options 6 5 and compare the # on line B with the label on the back of the receiver.If they don't match it's toast.

Well first off check to see if the batery died or not, if not you can send it to ats electronics get the new maps and a new battery, once you get it back hook it up program some sats sub to some programming if you wish then grab maybe a GeosatPro MicroHD slave it to the 4d and you will be a very happy person :)

Even if the battery died you could still have a new battery put in and remap the receiver in order to use it as a dish mover. Then a good dvb-s2 receiver paired with the dish mover would get you most of the C-band/Ku band signals however a 6' dish will limit some of the S2 signals that you can get. You will still be able to get quite a few free channels though.

So does it have a matching UA# ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts