Word "mount" is still 'intellitext'd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
In the past, certain "keywords" on the site were automatically made into links using intellitext. There was a way to turn this off.... It appears this feature was turned off sometime ago though. Anytime the word "mount" is used in a post, it is still getting tagged. It's the only word I see done this way. Is it supposed to be this way ? Is it a forgotten glitch ?

Ironically, it didn't happen with my post.... wonder if the " " marks are stopping it ??

mount

There, that worked.

The system in use is a different one, at least to my text-to-speech screen reader. The original IntelliTXT used green underlines to highlight certain words to trigger adds. It also used to stop the screen reader code and sometimes lock up the computer.

The current system is transperant since you have to mouse over a word to pop-up an ad. For example the word Dishstore will bring it up. The current system is also friendly to the screen reader too. It will actually say if you hover the word "Mount links to an external page, do you wish to open it?"

Ironically, it didn't happen with my post.... wonder if the " " marks are stopping it ??

mount

There, that worked.

How do we turn it off ?? I NEVER, and probably will never, click on an "ad" like this.

I think since you're a pub member, I thought you're supposed to see the fewest ads, including no inteltxt or autolink stuff.

If you have FireFox, there's a way to tweak the settings to nuke them, but vB (the mboard software) would also not work properly in your browser. Anyway the autolinks don't bother me since they're barely noticable and are mostly the Gold sponsers like Invacom, Fortec and others...

A while back I used the autolink on my mboard for a contest. There was a hidden word and if you posted what appeared in the pop-up, the member got some points.

How do we turn it off ?? I NEVER, and probably will never, click on an "ad" like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)