Working PS3 is out for testing

T2k

The Raw Nerve
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 5, 2004
Park Slope, NYC
http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/02/dorky-psm3-editors-get-real-live-working-ps3-to-play-with/

Dorky PSM3 editors get real, live, working PS3 to play with

Who woulda' thunk it? After all these years of rumors, delays, fanboy wars and beefy dev kits, somebody actually got a flesh n' blood PS3 with real, live blinky LED lights and even some of those "video games" all the kids are talking about these days. The lucky recipients of this system -- and subsequent takers of many nerdy pics -- are the PSM3 magazine peeps, so props to them for verifying the true existence of this mystical console, and for being a bunch of lucky bastages. As for their impressions, they're pretty positive. Apparently the system runs incredibly quietly, the "SIXAXIS" joypad is light (as ever) and quite responsive, and start up and load times are ultra-speedy. Of course, the console is also "heavy like a planet" and the shiny console easily succumbs to dust and fingerprints, along with being quite difficult to photograph -- though we're pretty sure you're not going to spend a large percentage of your time snapping pics of the thing when there's "TrueHD" entertainment to be had. Be sure to peep their vid of the PS3 in action after the break.

There's even a YT video of it, a must-check for PS3 fans... :)

Cool.

There were reports from some EB/Gamestop managers at their managers conference that there was ONE running PS3 in the demo area. At all of the other PS3 demo stations, the hardware was behind a wall.

F**k. Try to find a mirror, there must be somewhere...

In the meantime some "analysts" think Sony is in full production mode:

Sony punching out PS3s 'full swing', claims analyst
By Tony Smith
Published Tuesday 3rd October 2006 16:01 GMT

Sony's PlayStation 3 production programme is "in full swing", market watcher American Technology Research (ATR) has claimed. Crucially, this means the consumer electronics giant will meet its target and ship 2m of the next-generation consoles by the end of the year.

According to a report written by ATR analyst PJ McNealy, Sony's efforts should ensure the company won't be forced to delay either the US of Japanese PS3 launch as it was last month forced to do with the console's European debut.

McNealy believes the US will get 1.2m PS3s by the end of the year, with the remaining 800,000 being alloted to Japan, where the console is due to launch on 11 November. The US introduction happens a week later on 17 November.

"Our research indicates that typically 10-20 per cent of the unit shipment forecast will likely still be in the channel (en route) at the end of December and not installed in homes yet," wrote McNealy. "The low end of that range is more likely simply because Sony will likely still be air-freighting and not tanker-shipping PS3s at that point." ®

Source: http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/10/03/sony_punching_out_ps3s/

Ehhh - apparently this "analyst" did not read Kutaragi-san last week complaining they are suffering from the shortage of blue-laser diodes... "analyst"... :rolleyes:

T2k said:
F**k. Try to find a mirror, there must be somewhere...

In the meantime some "analysts" think Sony is in full production mode:

I hope they are in full production since its coming out in a month.

actually I heard today on the radio in ohio, that the PS3 has been delayed again, and its not looking good! soory for such a short post, but I dont know too much just what I heard, and even that could be wrong...but I will post more when I know it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts