World Cup cricket 2007

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It will definitely be on the 95W sat channels 2027-2029, for which you need a separate dish. Many of the tour matches are simulcast on 101W channels 117-119, but are typically not advertised as such. The last ICC tournament, the Champions Trophy, was not simulcast on 101W. Some folks are being told when ordering the CWC package that it will be simulcast on 101W, but the reps do not always have correct info.

You could wait until the first match and see if the simulcast is in effect, but if it is not, you may have to wait for an install schedule for the 95W dish. Your choice, to be based on how much cricket you might miss waiting for an install. Hope this helps.

It will definitely be on the 95W sat channels 2027-2029, for which you need a separate dish.

Hmm .. In this case I really need to talk to DTV. I ordered my package about a month back and was told by 2 people that since this is a special event, you do not need a seperate dish. I have already paid my first installment for $66 and would like to have this taken care of before the tournament starts.

Thanks.

EDIT: I called DTV at lunch today and they did confirm that they found out 2 days back that a new Dish is required. Luckily they had an installer available on the 10th so hopefully I will be good to go in time.

Last edited:
Sorry man!

Yes, it appears to be the case. But the DTV CS guys say that they are not 100% certain because it appears that since some customers were told that it will be available without the International Dish, they are trying to see if it can be done. But as of last Friday, yes, the International Dish is required.

Thanks.

Something I just noticed. Maybe I was in the dark about this as it is or maybe I am just plain missing something -

I cannot record the cricket matches on my TiVO. This plain sucks because I cant stay home for a month to watch the cricket matches as they are generally between 7 AM - 1 PM. I could record the NFL Sunday Ticket games just fine, so why not the Cricket games.

Thanks.

Something I just noticed. Maybe I was in the dark about this as it is or maybe I am just plain missing something -

I cannot record the cricket matches on my TiVO. This plain sucks because I cant stay home for a month to watch the cricket matches as they are generally between 7 AM - 1 PM. I could record the NFL Sunday Ticket games just fine, so why not the Cricket games.

Thanks.

You can record them. You need to set it up as a manual recording rather than clicking on the program in the guide if you are trying to set it up ahead of time. Once the show has started, you can start recording it. D* puts it in the guide as a PPV, but without any ordering information, making typical recording planning inabled. By manually specifying the channel and times, it will record it. Why? I don't know. I just know my method has worked in the past.

I am out of town so I missed today's match and will miss tomorrow's matches to determine if my method still works or if D* did something new. If my method does not work, I offer my apologies and will be quite upset myself.

picture quality of Wcup 2007

Hi all

picutre quality of Wcup feed is very bad. Looks like they r getting internet based feed and relaying on TV. Thus picture is getting stretched to fit screen. So all players look uneccessarily tall ! on replays some time ball is out of screen or some time players head.

Do u all agree ?

aj

Thanks for mentioning ur method. I will definitely give that a shot.

Things are a little lucky for me since my wife wakes up for work around the time the matches start. I generally leave about 2 hours before that so cannot record them. My wife recorded the 2 games by going to the channel right when the games started and then recorded yesterdays and todays game for me.

Your idea is definitely a little more easier to do .. so I will use that starting from tomorrows games.

Thanks.

Thanks for mentioning ur method. I will definitely give that a shot.

Things are a little lucky for me since my wife wakes up for work around the time the matches start. I generally leave about 2 hours before that so cannot record them. My wife recorded the 2 games by going to the channel right when the games started and then recorded yesterdays and todays game for me.

Your idea is definitely a little more easier to do .. so I will use that starting from tomorrows games.

Thanks.

is picture quality ok for you ?

I have subscibed to Cricket World Cup ($199.99) on Direc TV. it appears like an Internet feed using a fish-eye camera where the players look distorted in their shapes. I went over to my firend's house who has Dish Network and his picture is perfect. I know because I had set my DVR to record so I did a visual comaparision after I returned to my home. The poor quality is not worth the subscription.

I have subscibed to Cricket World Cup ($199.99) on Direc TV. it appears like an Internet feed using a fish-eye camera where the players look distorted in their shapes. I went over to my firend's house who has Dish Network and his picture is perfect. I know because I had set my DVR to record so I did a visual comaparision after I returned to my home. The poor quality is not worth the subscription.

It looks like there is something wrong with your TV/receiver settings, particularly since the other poster does not have a problem. Which receiver and which TV?

It looks like there is something wrong with your TV/receiver settings, particularly since the other poster does not have a problem. Which receiver and which TV?

well nothing wrong with TV or receiver (guess)

i m on direct TV (others might be on DISH) I have standard TV Toshiba 30 inches. no LCD , no HDTV no big screen. My receiver is D-10-200. ITs only happening like this on channels which is showing Cricket Wrold cup.

Also i have Cricket plus channel and on which telecast is normal as it shluld be.

see the diff

FYI chk this distorted quality of image from Direc TV teleacast.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgB*...SK1dTVRT4gyvA/2027.JPG?dc=4675614299135041093

Chk this non -distorted picture from Direc TV 's teleacse of Cricket plus channel . See how scorecard characters r evenly speread out on screen.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgBH...TSuUjED!pZiwg/2024.JPG?dc=4675614312402677061

Now see the another shot of same telecast from Dishnetwork. It is showing Match summry.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgA9...2c9d7hi7luDRk/dish.JPG?dc=4675614312431459705

now see same match summery image from Direct TV telecast. Hope u see the diffrence i m talking here.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QQAK...g65048AKBchE7A/DTV.JPG?dc=4675614312433521289

few more

another few images

this one is from cricket plus channel. See how scorecard looks nondistorted. Every characters are evenly spread.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/solanki/422238637/

now chk World cup telecast picutre.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/solanki/422238642/

see how scorecard is stretched and looks like from fish's eyeview. Same thign happnes when a players are shown, They all look tall , too much closeup , when replayes r shown all the time some portion of screen is getting cut. Entire feed sucks. Direc TV customer says they cant help :) so my $199.99 is gone is waste and i have to keep huring my eyes :)

Aj

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)