World Direct Dish - 97W & 101

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
QUESTION:
I have a World Direct dish that I am experimenting with today. I would like the final result to be receiving 97W & 101 AMC4.

Today I installed the dish and pointed to the 97W, scanned the transponders and got most if not all the international channels. But now I'm a little puzzled on the 101, Cant get it. I have the offset, sku & ele correct.

On the 97W I used the LNB that is shaped like an egg
The other LNB is a eagle aspen duel

Has anyone had any luck getting the 101 AMC4 & 97W?

Sonicview 4000
World Direct Dish
Diseqc 4X1 switch
Clear LOS

41mUPjnc-yL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Last edited:
It the Eagle Aspen LNBF linear or circular polarity? To receive AMC4, you will need a linear LNBF similar to this: GEOSATpro SL1

It's circular (darn it)
Eagle Aspen DTV32+ Dual LNB
Input Frequency Range 12.2 ~ 12.7 GHz
Output Frequency Range 950 ~ 1450 MHz LO.
LO. Frequency Stability: 11.25 GHz 2 MHz (Max.)
description.gif

I also have a SF2-D3 LNB
12.2 ~ 12.7 Ghz

Last edited:
also the World dish the LNB"s are at 95 & 101 (6 degree spacing) so you have to get a LNB closer than where it is now for 101 (right now its looking at 103) ;)

Two things to remember about 103w... A good percentage (not always all) of those feeds are 4:2:2, therefore most consumer satellite receivers will not display them. The exceptions are the AZBox and the Quali-TV, both of which are HD receivers. Also, the skew on 103w Ku Band is off (the satellite itself is off)... its about the same as the skew on 74w. It is a good satellite, though, if you can deal with these caveats.

Tron most of the news feeds are 4:2:0

The NBC stuff that use to be 4:2:2 switched to DVB-S2

but yeah the skew is off by 25 degrees so you have to compensate for that

Hadn't been on 103w in a while... I guess I'll need a DVB-S2 receiver soon. Last time I was there, I tested 4:2:2 recording capability on the Visionsat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)